2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Unlocking 5 cameras in motion

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 11:01 AM
ts1608
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unlocking 5 cameras in motion

Hello, I am looking for a solution to unlock all my 5 cameras while driving. I have the ultimate trailer package... One of the users from this forum sent me a link for the NAV-TV kit, called COD-F50... Did any of guys use this kit? Trying to get more information and some feedback before buying it...

Old 09-17-2019, 11:08 AM
jamlam1
5th Wheeling
You might read through this... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...available.html Lots of good info.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:15 AM
ts1608
New User
Awesome, thanks for the link. Did you buy one for your truck?

I'll contact this company to get more info about it.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:23 AM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just removed my nav tv kit, found out it disables the front camera. I couldn't select it via the das button.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:46 PM
ts1608
New User
I was just on the phone with one of the representatives from NAV-TV and they said that is not right. Their kit supposedly just unlocks factory cameras to be used while you driving. You better call them for support.

They also told me their are running a sale on that kit for $250 and free ground shipping... Just got mine and used the promo code 164J8.

Excited now to install it!!!

Old 09-17-2019, 03:05 PM
mdorange
New User
I literally just got done with my first test drive with the NAVTV. So far I like it but I haven't had much time to test it. Haven't gotten to test it with the 5th wheel yet either. But I think you have to double-tap the camera button to get the front camera options.

Old 09-17-2019, 04:33 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,566 Likes on 731 Posts
Say's invalid Promo Code when I try to use the code above. Where did you get the code? is it a one use?

How hard was the install?

Old 09-17-2019, 04:59 PM
NAVTV_BM
Freshman User
Hey guys, I'll shed some light here,

I work in product development at NAV-TV. The COD-F50 and F53 kit will not remove your ability to see front or rear camera when you desire. The functions were just swapped, as we believed during development that rear camera would be called upon more often than front, thus a single tap will show rear camera, double tap will show front (of the hard external camera button).

You MUST have the 5-camera system for this kit to work. Promo codes:

164J8 for the F50 (use upon checkout) https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT899/cod-f50.html and
OPQ9W for the F53 (use upon checkout) https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT910/cod-f53.html

The F53 functions the same way as the F50, but also allows you add 3 additional cameras if you want, triggered via analog (perfect for upfitter toggles). Let me know if you have and further questions. There is an operational video on the product page (above links).

Thank you for supporting a small American manufacturer!!

Last edited by NAVTV_BM; 09-18-2019 at 02:36 PM. Reason: changed the promo codes, they're worth the same amount. Just wanted tracking, that's all!
Old 09-17-2019, 05:53 PM
ForCal
Postmaster
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by NAVTV_BM
Hey guys, I'll shed some light here,

I work in product development at NAV-TV. The COD-F50 and F53 kit will not remove your ability to see front or rear camera when you desire. The functions were just swapped, as we believed during development that rear camera would be called upon more often than front, thus a single tap will show rear camera, double tap will show front (of the hard external camera button).

You MUST have the 5-camera system for this kit to work. Not sure where the poster above got that Promo Code, but here is what I have currently, its good for $150 off:

42L3V for the F50 (use upon checkout) https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT899/cod-f50.html and
TTB93 for the F53 (use upon checkout) https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT910/cod-f53.html

The F53 functions the same way as the F50, but also allows you add 3 additional cameras if you want, triggered via analog (perfect for upfitter toggles). Let me know if you have and further questions. There is an operational video on the product page (above links).

Thank you for supporting a small American manufacturer!!

I like that, I dont see any negatives to it. Ill have to revisit this when my truck fund is replenished.

Do the instructions include suggested ways to route and secure the wires, and mount the module? Or is that on the end user.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:04 PM
nuctrooper
Laughing Gas
Received 74 Likes on 36 Posts
I love having the F53 on my 450. I don’t use it all the time just driving, but find it awesome:
camper loaded, turn on aux trailer camera for a view of the cars tailgating you
when in reverse, the NavTV remembers the last camera you selected while in reverse. This, when the camper is loaded and I put it in reverse it will select to the Aux camera every time without having to push buttons (after the first time)
enter a parking lot that’s a little tight. One push of the button gives you 360 view and doesn’t turn off if you go above crawling speed
turn signal cameras are nice

One drawback is it tricks the GPS speed to zero, so if you are using the rear or side cameras going down the road, the Nav system will lose itself. Once it’s lost, it can take a minute or more to find itself, so don’t rely on the Sync navigation system for last minute directions. (Use your phone gps or turn off cameras a mile early.)
Definitely the best aftermarket electronic accessory on my truck.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:06 PM
nuctrooper
Laughing Gas
Received 74 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by ForCal
Do the instructions include suggested ways to route and secure the wires, and mount the module? Or is that on the end user.
Once you get in there, you’ll see where the module has to sit. Not much routing of wires, more carefully stuffing and folding them into a recess in the dash. Tough to describe, easy to do once the dash is apart.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:35 AM
D3thM3tal
Tuned
Love my setup too - I did upgrade the front center speaker while I was in there too. Everyone is wow'd by the turn signal cameras coming on - the mirrors on these trucks rock but that camera angle is hard to beat.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:55 PM
ts1608
New User
When I talked on the phone with NAV-TV they said it is all plug and play behind the screen. I found a video on the YouTube shows step by step on how to do it.

When you use that promo code make sure you don't have any space on the front of the code... I went back to their website and when I apply that code it worked again.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:55 PM
ts1608
New User
Originally Posted by Painted Horse
Say's invalid Promo Code when I try to use the code above. Where did you get the code? is it a one use?

How hard was the install?
When I talked on the phone with NAV-TV they said it is all plug and play behind the screen. I found a video on the YouTube shows step by step on how to do it.

When you use that promo code (164J8) make sure you don't have any space on the front of the code... I went back to their website and when I apply that code it worked again.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:26 PM
edjunior
Cargo Master
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts
I just placed my order. This should be a pretty cool mod. Looking forward to it. Do you have the link to the YouTube install? (I'm going to search it, but it sure would make it easy for others).

Quick Reply: Unlocking 5 cameras in motion