2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

OEM puck system measurements.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 10:42 PM
ForCal
Postmaster
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I've been told that these beds have tabs that locate them on the frame. Is there still enough movement in the bed that could make it out of alignment?

Old 08-03-2019, 07:04 AM
cficare
Cargo Master
Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by ForCal
Is there still enough movement in the bed that could make it out of alignment?
Yes, there is room for adjusting bed location, but not by much. My bed and cab were not aligned from the factory, and Ford allows a 12-month period for making adjustments. My bed was as far to one side as it would go, and the dealer's body shop moved the cab to center it with the bed.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:32 AM
ForCal
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cficare
Yes, there is room for adjusting bed location, but not by much. My bed and cab were not aligned from the factory, and Ford allows a 12-month period for making adjustments. My bed was as far to one side as it would go, and the dealer's body shop moved the cab to center it with the bed.
So it sounds like even though there are tabs, measurements need to be taken before unbolting the bed to make sure it goes back to its original location.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:05 AM
PghFamilyMan
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it sounds like even though there are tabs, measurements need to be taken before unbolting the bed to make sure it goes back to its original location.
I hope not because I didn’t measure anything, just following the instructions supplied by ford.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:43 AM
cficare
Cargo Master
Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by PghFamilyMan
I hope not because I didn’t measure anything, just following the instructions supplied by ford.
When I said my bed and cab were misaligned, the body shop had to move the cab over only 3/8". Originally, my bed and cab were flush on one side but offset 3/4" on the other side.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:20 PM
PghFamilyMan
Cross-Country
Finished it up today with no issues. Only thing I’d recommend is have air ratchet, would of made things a little quicker on the top bolts and Torx. Other then that very easy install. Anyone have any need for the inside brackets? The truck had them and the kit included them also.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:25 PM
ForCal
Postmaster
Nice work. It might just be me, but did you have any problem getting the bed bolts torqued to 129 lb ft and did you reuse them?

Old 08-03-2019, 10:41 PM
PghFamilyMan
Cross-Country
Nice work. It might just be me, but did you have any problem getting the bed bolts torqued to 129 lb ft and did you reuse them?
I did reuse them and some I was able to torque down but I think 2 of them I couldn’t, the socket kept slipping off. Figured I’d keep an eye on them and if they loosen up then I’ll replace them.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:53 PM
ForCal
Postmaster
I did reuse them and some I was able to torque down but I think 2 of them I couldn’t, the socket kept slipping off. Figured I’d keep an eye on them and if they loosen up then I’ll replace them.
Same thing happened to me when I tried torquing after Line-X.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:15 AM
Fishwater2002
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice work! Install looks great, so to confirm, the prep kit did not include bed bolts? I thought that it did? Regardless, install looks great, nice work.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:33 AM
PghFamilyMan
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by Fishwater2002
Nice work! Install looks great, so to confirm, the prep kit did not include bed bolts? I thought that it did? Regardless, install looks great, nice work.
Thanks, and that’s correct, no bed bolts. Wish they would of included those instead of the inner brackets. I’ll probably end up scraping them. Good luck with yours, hopefully you got it by now.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:21 PM
bartlettjw
New User
Nice work! Is there any chance that one of you guys with a Ford prep package could post up pictures of your instruction manual page by page? I bought the OEM kit from Ford and it did not come with instructions... so I'm trying to get a list of all the required parts, tools, and torque specs prior to taking my truck off the road. I've called 2 dealers and none of them can find a manual for me to use. I don't see any of that stuff in the Reese manual and I'd really like to follow Ford's recommendations for all.

Thank you!
Josh
2017 F250

Old 08-05-2019, 03:39 PM
PghFamilyMan
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by bartlettjw
Nice work! Is there any chance that one of you guys with a Ford prep package could post up pictures of your instruction manual page by page? I bought the OEM kit from Ford and it did not come with instructions... so I'm trying to get a list of all the required parts, tools, and torque specs prior to taking my truck off the road. I've called 2 dealers and none of them can find a manual for me to use. I don't see any of that stuff in the Reese manual and I'd really like to follow Ford's recommendations for all.

Thank you!
Josh
2017 F250
I threw them away, but let me see if I can pull out of the trash. If there still readable I could email them to ya if you’d like to PM me your email address.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:57 PM
bartlettjw
New User
I threw them away, but let me see if I can pull out of the trash. If there still readable I could email them to ya if you’d like to PM me your email address.
Done. Thank you! I appreciate you digging, hope they are still legible!

Old 08-05-2019, 04:16 PM
PghFamilyMan
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by bartlettjw
Done. Thank you! I appreciate you digging, hope they are still legible!
I got them, but my scanner is acting up and I have to leave for a little while. I’ll try again when I get home and if it don’t work I’ll take them to work tomo and send it.

Quick Reply: OEM puck system measurements.