6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

EPA sent this guy a letter Interesting vis

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 05:25 PM
00t444e
Cargo Master
Received 424 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bone
Most of these guys have there own computer equipment for there engine which allows them to do what ever they want to the truck or car. Nascar has computers in these cars now and I don't know where they come from. Maybe the automakers give them something they can use. My GT500 has a tune for the smaller pulley I put on the supercharger and it passes smog. It's because the smog equipment is still on the car. However I have to put the stock air box back when I smog but I never take the tune out. I bet I cant get my car tuned again.
With our trucks we are talking about removing all the smog equipment and replacing it with straight pipes.
Street use is separate from competition use.
An 08+ diesel truck isn't like a gas engine where you can slap an aftermarket wiring harness and ECM on it and tune it with on a laptop with whatever program you chose like HP Tuners. Well less than 1/4 of the people who modify these trucks for competition do the tuning themselves, cracking the ECM codes and altering the programming is very difficult on an 08+ diesel truck and only a handful of companies have done enough research and testing to be able to do that successfully.There are also no performance ECMs available for these trucks in the US because they would be Illegal to sell if they allowed for the removal of emissions. If you wan't to build an 08+ Diesel truck for competition use these days your only option for tuning is to buy from somewhere outside the US or go by word of mouth to find someone that will do it under the radar, and that is unacceptable in my book. Competition only use parts and tuning should be just as readily accessible for diesel engines as they are for gas engines.