6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

EPA sent this guy a letter Interesting vis

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 11:41 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,872 Likes on 2,790 Posts
A gas engine without intact emissions is much less visible than a diesel engine without intact emissions. I suspect that much of the focus on the diesel industry was self-inflicted. Rolling Coal was an advertisement for scrutiny.

(This response is not directed against the Diesel Brothers show. It's the whole "tuner" industry in general.)

Old 03-12-2020, 12:32 PM
Akley88
Cargo Master
Received 234 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
A gas engine without intact emissions is much less visible than a diesel engine without intact emissions. I suspect that much of the focus on the diesel industry was self-inflicted. Rolling Coal was an advertisement for scrutiny.

(This response is not directed against the Diesel Brothers show. It's the whole "tuner" industry in general.)
It is much easier to get a way with deleted gas engine then diesel like you said. turbo cars with cats removed can be obvious from the smell and soot they can produce under load.
What is amazing to me though is XDP is still advertising on youtube with trucks that are blowing tons of black smoke.

Old 03-12-2020, 05:31 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,484 Likes on 4,718 Posts
You guys are acting like stock emissions equipped gas engines aren't emitting soot but they are.

Old 03-12-2020, 05:36 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Originally Posted by Overkill2
You guys are acting like stock emissions equipped gas engines aren't emitting soot but they are.
Good grief, I did say they were much less visible. Anybody with a working nose can tell right away that a gas engine doesn't have emissions intact. But a deleted diesel engine is so obvious by the very dark soot cloud that one would have to be blind to miss it.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:04 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Good grief, I did say they were much less visible. Anybody with a working nose can tell right away that a gas engine doesn't have emissions intact. But a deleted diesel engine is so obvious by the very dark soot cloud that one would have to be blind to miss it.
You keep thinking about gassers with emissions removed. Next time you are in a parking lot, start looking at tailpipes of newer cars. They are all black. While probably way less than a deleted truck that smokes, the point I'm trying to make is EPA compliant modern gasoline powered vehicles are putting soot in the air. That's ignored while the diesels have to have a particulate filter. That was my point.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:33 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
You keep thinking about gassers with emissions removed. Next time you are in a parking lot, start looking at tailpipes of newer cars. They are all black. While probably way less than a deleted truck that smokes, the point I'm trying to make is EPA compliant modern gasoline powered vehicles are putting soot in the air. That's ignored while the diesels have to have a particulate filter. That was my point.
Well why didn't you say that the first time???

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. What do you call it when a gas powered car is belching soot? Beats me, nobody cares enough to name it. But "Rolling Coal"? EVERYBODY knows what that is.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:48 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Thanks for bringing that up...about gas engines. I'm not aware of the emissions being removed as I am about the soot that modern day DI gasoline engines are puffing out of their tailpipes. Ever take a look at a tailpipe of one those? Black as hell. I once saw faint black smoke come out of a gas vehicle when the driver yomped the throttle. I've come across tech articles on the very subject of gasoline DI engines emitting soot. While not as bad as our engines maybe, but what's good the goose should be good for the gander IMHO. If the subject is cleaning up the air, that diesels are required to have a DPF, then modern day gas vehicles should be required to have them as they emit soot.
Well why didn't you say that the first time???

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. What do you call it when a gas powered car is belching soot? Beats me, nobody cares enough to name it. But "Rolling Coal"? EVERYBODY knows what that is.
I did... That was my first post.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:05 PM
dirthawg
Posting Guru
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Everyone stop deleting your vehicles, I just spent an hour and a half washing the acid rain off my travel trailer! Help a brother out would you?

Old 03-14-2020, 11:37 AM
tradosaurus
More Turbo
Received 134 Likes on 99 Posts
What dark soot cloud? I don't even have black soot on the end of my tail pipe and mine has been deleted for a year.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:51 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Originally Posted by tradosaurus
What dark soot cloud? I don't even have black soot on the end of my tail pipe and mine has been deleted for a year.
I should have included that the guys rolling coal are using a tune to do that.

Old 03-14-2020, 03:06 PM
00t444e
Cargo Master
Received 424 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Un-watchable TV program.

Bruce
I agree, I used to watch them when they were just on Youtube, and I watched their show when it first came out. I quit watching it when they started spreading lies and misinformation about how emissions equipment was good for diesel trucks.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:24 PM
Blazn
Mountain Pass
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 00t444e
I agree, I used to watch them when they were just on Youtube, and I watched their show when it first came out. I quit watching it when they started spreading lies and misinformation about how emissions equipment was good for diesel trucks.
They've had their nuttts clipped by the EPA. lol

Old 03-15-2020, 08:54 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

I don't think they stated, "Hey, and BTW, emissions equipment is GOOD FOR YOUR TRUCK." Obviously by seeing your previous posts, your current statement and the fact you stick with a 20 year old truck (nothing wrong with that, I love the way the 7.3s sound but just being Capt.Obvious and pointing out the fact), means you don't like nor probably would own an emissions truck. And that's okay.

I'll point out another obvious fact. Being that every fool has posted a rolling coal video on YouTube and that also includes Heavy D and the boys, you attract attention to this stuff. Now, The guys who aren't on YouTube and are minding their own business by just staying off social media, driving with a clean, no smoke tune and respecting the laws that exist, they'll be fine. But when your popularity grows, you get your own TV show and you are in the primetime limelight, you best play by the rules and follow the laws. They learned a hard lesson. An expensive lesson. So you blame them now after their wallets are lighter?

You act like the stock 6.7s run like the 6.4s with their problematic emissions equipment. There's a lot of stock 6.7s with emissions intact that have ran just fine. No doubt you have to replace parts as the truck racks up the miles like the EGR cooler core or the DPF. These new engines cannot do what the older engines like your 7.3 do, idle all day or just drive all day in stop and go traffic. This is due to the new emissions equipment and that's why IMHO, Ford came out with the 7.3 gas engine. But if you drive high speed, have hills to climb, allow the regens to complete on a highway, use your truck to tow or haul weight, you'll be just fine. I'm not against deletes but I'm against deleting to just delete a stock truck that works well because you think that it has to be done. If I had my choice and once I needed to replace the DPF and off warranty, I would MAYBE do it. But looking at it another way, there sure are a lot of guys here posting problems with deleted trucks. Just saying...

Old 03-15-2020, 09:44 AM
00t444e
Cargo Master
Received 424 Likes on 289 Posts
I don't think they stated, "Hey, and BTW, emissions equipment is GOOD FOR YOUR TRUCK." Obviously by seeing your previous posts, your current statement and the fact you stick with a 20 year old truck (nothing wrong with that, I love the way the 7.3s sound but just being Capt.Obvious and pointing out the fact), means you don't like nor probably would own an emissions truck. And that's okay.
You are correct, Hell will freeze over before I would own an emissions equipped diesel. As for the Diesel brothers that's basically what I got out of their video about emissions. My main point is they still had to pay the fine anyway so why spread lies and take the side of the EPA? All the EPA cares about is collecting money. Why not just tell the truth about how a corrupt government organization with seemingly limitless power that has been sued numerous times for tampering with evidence and making false claims is once again overstepping their boundaries and taking our freedoms away? The EPA actually does very little environmental protection, just what they have to to appease the public and make them think they are on our side. Actual environmental protection is mostly handled by each States DEP, DNR and Wildlife Conservation offices, which I am a strong supporter of since I do a lot of fishing.

Old 03-15-2020, 10:01 AM
remhaust
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I couldn’t have said it any better. Well said, bud.

You are correct, Hell will freeze over before I would own an emissions equipped diesel. As for the Diesel brothers that's basically what I got out of their video about emissions. My main point is they still had to pay the fine anyway so why spread lies and take the side of the EPA? All the EPA cares about is collecting money. Why not just tell the truth about how a corrupt government organization with seemingly limitless power that has been sued numerous times for tampering with evidence and making false claims is once again overstepping their boundaries and taking our freedoms away. The EPA actually does very little environmental protection, just what they have to to appease the public and make them think they are on our side. Actual environmental protection is mostly handled by each States DEP, DNR and Wildlife Conservation offices, which I am a strong supporter of since I do a lot of fishing.

Quick Reply: EPA sent this guy a letter Interesting vis