Newbie...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 04:02 AM
karst
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newbie...

Hey guys, I am about to get a 2000 XLT 4.2L 5spd. regular cab and short bed and this is quite a transition from a 1986 Lincoln Towncar. I am looking into making this a little quicker than it already is. I plan on a Mac air intake and maybe some Mac headers. I just don't know which exhaust to go with... maybe some ideas? I will be getting a Diablo chip after all my mods have been made. Thanks for all your help!

Old 10-06-2003, 10:17 AM
Busa01
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Karst,

Check out my user gallery for engine pics to my truck. There are alot of fine exhausts to choose from but after researching them all I decided to go with the Flowmaster 40 Delta, single in and dual out the back. Sounds great! However, be prepared in the beginning to lose bottom end torque. You will. Your vehicle is designed to require a certain amount of back pressure. If you install the exhaust you will lose torque. You'll need an intake to compensate AND the Diablo chip. The Diablo chip with the intake and exhaust will make your truck do burnouts at every light. Go with the Delta chip, not the sport chip. The Delta chip has a toggle switch that you can mount anywhere. The toggle switch will allow you to switch between the stock setting and the performance setting. It will also have a third position that you can save to program a second tune on it in the future if you decide to really begin to modify the motor.

It's nice to be able to switch the tune off in case there isn't any 93 octane gas available or in case you need to take the truck to the dealer for diagnostics work.

I have 2 tunes on mine. The regular performance tune, which I had custom programmed for my modifications, and the nitrous program.

Have fun.

Tom