Notices
1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Fuel

Old 07-12-2019, 10:00 AM
Patrick J. Ezekiel
New User
Patrick J. Ezekiel is starting off with a positive reputation.
No Fuel

Hey yall if anyone can help me I will be forever grateful. So ingot this old truck from my uncle as a gift it has high mileage but was still running Great. About two months ago after having a rear driverside blowout is when it all started. what was thought to be bad gasket on the fuel filter cap has turned into a new mechanical fuel pump s well as sending unit. The fuel bowl is still not filling up or only does on ocassion. Everyone and a while Ill start it drive itround and itll actually drive for the day but most days can only make it around the block. The aux fuel tank or tank 2 has a bad sending unit and is missing the fill line. The regulator seems be pressurizing as specified by ford. Please help Im not a mechanic I just want to drive the l girl!!
thx yall,
Pat

Old 07-12-2019, 12:43 PM
Hit Man X
Posting Guru
Hit Man X is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Hit Man X is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Rig up a jerry can. Milk jugs work great for this. This will take both tanks and switch out of equation for now.

I recall 3/8" feed and 5/16" return. I would buy a few feet and then dump in half a gallon of No2 into the jug.

Crank it from under hood to see if the pump is pumping...if so it should be squirting back out the return hose into the new 'tank'

If it does, start that boy up and let it run for a while. You may still have mechanical pump issues. If so, trash it all and efuel the truck.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:48 PM
Senior User
867.309 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Hit Man X View Post
Rig up a jerry can. Milk jugs work great for this. This will take both tanks and switch out of equation for now.

I recall 3/8" feed and 5/16" return. I would buy a few feet and then dump in half a gallon of No2 into the jug.

Crank it from under hood to see if the pump is pumping...if so it should be squirting back out the return hose into the new 'tank'

If it does, start that boy up and let it run for a while. You may still have mechanical pump issues. If so, trash it all and efuel the truck.
If that return fuel is bubbly, frothy, or cloudy looking, the pump is probably pulling air somewhere. Suction leaks, vacuum leaks, can be very difficult to find, sometimes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: