2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

SiriusXM lifetime subscription PSA

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 12:11 PM
Mattwolffelectric
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SiriusXM lifetime subscription PSA

Just a PSA to anyone here who got those lifetimes that were available 2008-2009 that were only allowed 3 transfers.
I went and yoinked my 2nd lifetime sub from ex wives car, to add to my 19 f250 (love doing out of blue f.u's), as my other subscription had used its allotted 3 transfer limit.

Well was informed that as of march 7th of this year sirius policy changed to allow all of those weird lifetimes to be unlimited transfers to any radio or car (once transferred to a car voided any remaining transfers) as many times as want making them true life times (-$75 transfer fee)

Just a heads up as I couldn't be only one with those (actually have 2).

"Hello Mr. Wolff,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. As we had discussed on our call, I have activated your 2019 Ford F-Series on the Sirius Select lifetime plan and you confirmed the activation. As we had discussed, in March SiriusXM changed their lifetime plan policy so that a customer may transfer their lifetime subscription any number of times, regardless of when the plan was purchased or whether it is associated a vehicle, home, portable or dock and play radio. Currently subscribers can process their own Lifetime transfers in the Online Account Center for a $75 swap fee."

Old 07-06-2019, 12:17 PM
Joe T
Lead Driver
Received 935 Likes on 737 Posts
I need to call them and put this truck on lifetime. Thanks

Old 07-06-2019, 12:58 PM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 944 Likes on 581 Posts
As many years as I've used SXM I've never heard of the lifetime deal. I've had it set up the last few years so that I get a paper or email bill and then pay with my bank's online bill pay service. That way I have a little leverage at subscription renewal time. They don't have my credit card info. If they don't play ball I can opt to let it run out until such time as they decide to make an offer I can live with. I dictate when and how payment is made, not SXM.
I've been down the road of trying to cancel when they have credit card info on file. Not always an easy thing to do.

Old 07-06-2019, 04:11 PM
jcb206
More Turbo
Received 159 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Poncho450
As many years as I've used SXM I've never heard of the lifetime deal. I've had it set up the last few years so that I get a paper or email bill and then pay with my bank's online bill pay service. That way I have a little leverage at subscription renewal time. They don't have my credit card info. If they don't play ball I can opt to let it run out until such time as they decide to make an offer I can live with. I dictate when and how payment is made, not SXM.
I've been down the road of trying to cancel when they have credit card info on file. Not always an easy thing to do.
I LOVE SIRIUS!!! About to cancel it though. I don’t need free but I don’t like it doubling if you don’t get a “deal.” If it was just the same price all the time, they would make more money.

Old 07-06-2019, 04:13 PM
WEHRING
Junior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lifetime

I moved lifetime from my 2007 to my shop radio... always on amd always good music. Love it

Old 07-06-2019, 06:09 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Poncho, easiest way to fix that when they don’t want to renew is cancel your CC number and get a new number. Then they have to call you when it auto renews. Also, they will not renew at a good price within it a CC and an auto renew at standard rates. What I do is just call them when I get the paper and explain if the rate doesn’t go down I will cancel. Down to one radio.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:59 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,344 Likes on 1,752 Posts
"Lifetime" is only for as long as the "life" of the company.

I've outlived a lot of companies.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:14 PM
minke
More Turbo
Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by mhoefer
Poncho, easiest way to fix that when they don’t want to renew is cancel your CC number and get a new number. Then they have to call you when it auto renews. Also, they will not renew at a good price within it a CC and an auto renew at standard rates. What I do is just call them when I get the paper and explain if the rate doesn’t go down I will cancel. Down to one radio.
A solution that I like is to use a CC with a feature called "ShopSafe". Using it you can create the equivalent of a CC for one usage only and a fixed maximum dollar figure. You can't present it in a store but it works great online and over the phone. There is also a feature for recurring payments.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:37 PM
edjunior
Cargo Master
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattwolffelectric
Just a PSA to anyone here who got those lifetimes that were available 2008-2009 that were only allowed 3 transfers.
I went and yoinked my 2nd lifetime sub from ex wives car, to add to my 19 f250 (love doing out of blue f.u's), as my other subscription had used its allotted 3 transfer limit.

Well was informed that as of march 7th of this year sirius policy changed to allow all of those weird lifetimes to be unlimited transfers to any radio or car (once transferred to a car voided any remaining transfers) as many times as want making them true life times (-$75 transfer fee)

Just a heads up as I couldn't be only one with those (actually have 2).

"Hello Mr. Wolff,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. As we had discussed on our call, I have activated your 2019 Ford F-Series on the Sirius Select lifetime plan and you confirmed the activation. As we had discussed, in March SiriusXM changed their lifetime plan policy so that a customer may transfer their lifetime subscription any number of times, regardless of when the plan was purchased or whether it is associated a vehicle, home, portable or dock and play radio. Currently subscribers can process their own Lifetime transfers in the Online Account Center for a $75 swap fee."
This is good to know. I also have two...sorta. I sorta inherited my Dad's when he passed away a few years ago. It's on his truck that my brother bought. But it's still in my name. Anyway, I just transferred my other one from a radio I had when I bought "beater" cars for work. But I think I'm done with that now, so I transferred it to my truck. I kept asking about the 3 transfer limit, but the Indian dude on the other end seemed like he had no idea what I was talking about. Which would make your post make sense. Thanks for the info!

Old 07-07-2019, 05:40 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by jcb206
I LOVE SIRIUS!!! About to cancel it though. I don’t need free but I don’t like it doubling if you don’t get a “deal.” If it was just the same price all the time, they would make more money.
Just went though it a couple weeks ago. Told them I wasn't paying the price. She made a lower offer. I asked to be sent to someone else in customer retention. In the end I got it down to a price I can live with.
I like SXM quite a bit also, but I'm not going to let them extort me yearly. Sucks to have to play the game every year.

Originally Posted by mhoefer
I don't consider a new credit card number the easy way. Just went though getting a new card number due to a fraud incident. Then I had to go in and update several other accounts where the card is on file and used for on the spot purchases or other auto renew subscriptions.
The way that I'm doing it seems to work just as well. They notify me anyway when the subscription is about to expire because they know they will not be paid automatically. When I'm about a week away from actual expiration is when I make the call to get the price lowered.
I've also just let it run out for a couple of weeks in the past. Then you start getting all kind of offers from them.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:20 AM
jcb206
More Turbo
Received 159 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Poncho450

Just went though it a couple weeks ago. Told them I wasn't paying the price. She made a lower offer. I asked to be sent to someone else in customer retention. In the end I got it down to a price I can live with.
I like SXM quite a bit also, but I'm not going to let them extort me yearly. Sucks to have to play the game every year.
Yep, can you imagine if rent was that way? Horrible business model.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:49 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by jcb206
Yep, can you imagine if rent was that way? Horrible business model.
I agree 100%. Add Dish, Direct TV, and my cable company to the list of businesses that treat loyal customers the worst.

Bruce

Old 07-07-2019, 02:49 PM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by minke
A solution that I like is to use a CC with a feature called "ShopSafe". Using it you can create the equivalent of a CC for one usage only and a fixed maximum dollar figure. You can't present it in a store but it works great online and over the phone. There is also a feature for recurring payments.
I can do that with something called Blur, but they charge a percentage of the transaction total every time you use that feature. So I don't use it. They call it "masking" your card.

Originally Posted by my_crib_too
I agree 100%. Add Dish, Direct TV, and my cable company to the list of businesses that treat loyal customers the worst.

Bruce
I ditched cable TV about a year and a half ago. I use the local cable company for high speed internet, as they're the only game in town. Our locals for news now come over the air. A Firestick with the right IPTV app gets me everything cable has and much more, for a fraction of the price.
I did just switch my cell phone service to the cable company though. I use very little data so I could get a 1 gb plan with unlimited talk and text for $14 all in. If I go over, they charge me for another gig, so that would be $28 if it ever happens. They use the nation's largest cell provider network for the talk/text. I've only been with them a month on this, so we'll see how it goes. I'll just return to my old mobile outfit if I'm not happy.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:59 PM
minke
More Turbo
Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
This is what I use: https://www.bankofamerica.com/privac...ds/shopsafe.go

It is somewhat a nuisance to me as I usually run the Ubuntu operating system on my PC which doesn't get along with Adobe Flash. I tend to save up bills to pay and once or twice a week I boot the virus called Windows and "make" a few CCs with Chrome.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:21 PM
blueiron
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2KW57
"Lifetime" is only for as long as the "life" of the company.

I've outlived a lot of companies.

I recall when PanAm was taking reservations for lunar flights between 1964 and 1971. Over 93,000 people got them and not one ever made it above 40,000 feet MSL in a PanAm aircraft.

Quick Reply: SiriusXM lifetime subscription PSA