Notices

Charcoal grey tips?

Old 06-08-2019, 04:08 AM
Robin86
New User
Robin86 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Charcoal grey tips?

Hey! Gonna repaint the old 69 in a charcoal grey. Cant find a paint code of the ones I like =/ Any tips? Ill post a few pics on the colour im talking about! Dont have to be a ford colour.. Thanks!

Old 06-08-2019, 10:41 AM
FuzzFace2
Post Fiend
FuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to all
They maybe custom mixed colors.
A lot of shops and even more so for custom shops now have their own "color lab" to mix a color they want.

The only thing I can say is if you cant reach out to the owners of them trucks to ask on color, bet custom mix on both, you will need to look at factory colors.

Best thing to do is hit dealer ships and walk the lots till you see a color you like. Once you know what it is on and the year it would be easy to get the code.
Heck the code maybe on the window sticker.
Don't forget to look at import lots also.
Dave ----

Old 06-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Robin86
New User
Originally Posted by FuzzFace2 View Post
They maybe custom mixed colors.
A lot of shops and even more so for custom shops now have their own "color lab" to mix a color they want.

The only thing I can say is if you cant reach out to the owners of them trucks to ask on color, bet custom mix on both, you will need to look at factory colors.

Best thing to do is hit dealer ships and walk the lots till you see a color you like. Once you know what it is on and the year it would be easy to get the code.
Heck the code maybe on the window sticker.
Don't forget to look at import lots also.
Dave ----

Ye I hear ya, almost certain those colours arent orginial but just like you said, some input on cars that have a nice charcoal stock colour would be great hehe. I know Mercedes got a nice grey =)

Old 06-16-2019, 09:06 AM
F350 1990
Elder User
F350 1990 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.F350 1990 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I use Sherwin Williams paints and just used a 1967 Jaguar XKE's Opalescent GunMetal on a project. Paint code is JAG-7402A

Very impressive color.

Old Yesterday, 05:47 AM
Robin86
New User
Originally Posted by F350 1990 View Post
I use Sherwin Williams paints and just used a 1967 Jaguar XKE's Opalescent GunMetal on a project. Paint code is JAG-7402A

Very impressive color.
Thanks. will look into it =)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.