Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Crank no start. Need help figuring out.

Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Old 05-16-2019, 01:03 AM
scottImus
New User
scottImus is starting off with a positive reputation.

I have an 04 6.0 that stalled out while driving and wouldn’t start back up. Hooked my scangauge up and and everything on the high pressure oil side read correctly. Except the ipr which was at 85%. Also checked for codes and none were showing. So I pulled and replaced it. Truck started fine, ran fine until it got to normal operating temp and stalled again. Wouldn’t start back up. This time a code for the oil temp sensor was showing so I pulled the sensor and checked it. It was working correctly. But I tested out a new sensor just to be safe. Code still showed up even after clearing before every crank. so I moved on to the connector and wiring. The wiring was chewed up a bit at the base so cut the wire back and soldered on a new connector. Code has gone away and hasn’t come back but the truck still won’t start. What else could be causing this?

Old 05-19-2019, 06:41 AM
Sean Smith
New User
Sean Smith is starting off with a positive reputation.
A lot can cause a crank but no start. Bad fuel, bad fuel pump, Bad fuel filter, bad fuel regulator. That all can be checked with a fuel pressure tester. The code you got could have been just a coincidence. If it is not that could be other things but check what I said first. Even check some fusses with the wire being chewed up could have caused something to blow.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:11 AM
redford
redford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputation
Moved to 6.0L PSD engine forum.

These guys should be able to help. Good luck with your issue!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.