Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racks

Old 05-15-2019, 03:54 PM
Brent376
Freshman User
Brent376 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Racks

Headache racks...get your minds out of the gutter.

What are the best looking and valued racks for our beloved Superdoos

Old 05-15-2019, 05:11 PM
ForCal
Senior User
ForCal is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'll be interested to see what kind of feedback you get. I was interested in Magnum racks, mostly because of their compatibility with some bedcovers (plan to have one).

They have a low pro and high pro version. I've tried to get an idea if the low pro would actually work for carrying materials like lumber without damage to the roof if used in combination with a rear rack, but have yet to get a reply from owners of them.

Some of the best looking racks I've seen have been custom.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:16 PM
Hackenbush
Elder User
Hackenbush has a good reputation on FTE.Hackenbush has a good reputation on FTE.
Mounting kit was 110.00
Pic is of my Delivery truck.
I have this rack on my personal truck
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Hackenbush; 05-15-2019 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Info
Old 05-15-2019, 07:23 PM
ATC Crazy
Post Fiend
ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.
I'll be building my own, hopefully next week when I'm off. I built one for my Dodge a few years ago:

Old 05-15-2019, 07:42 PM
NorEasterMA
The Lighting Guy
NorEasterMA has a very good reputation on FTE.NorEasterMA has a very good reputation on FTE.NorEasterMA has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ForCal

They have a low pro and high pro version. I've tried to get an idea if the low pro would actually work for carrying materials like lumber without damage to the roof if used in combination with a rear rack, but have yet to get a reply from owners of them.

Some of the best looking racks I've seen have been custom.
If you're using a Magnum rear rack, they are intentionally designed to be slightly lower than the front rack, thus angling lumber/ladders up and over the roof. No contact, no damage, hopefully that answers your question.

I love my Magnum, and as an added bonus ForCal it has some custom details. Best looking racks, in my opinion.

Name:  photo374.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  1.17 MB

Old 05-15-2019, 08:06 PM
ForCal
Senior User
Originally Posted by NorEasterMA View Post
If you're using a Magnum rear rack, they are intentionally designed to be slightly lower than the front rack, thus angling lumber/ladders up and over the roof. No contact, no damage, hopefully that answers your question.

I love my Magnum, and as an added bonus ForCal it has some custom details. Best looking racks, in my opinion.

Attachment 264463
Thank you for the info. That looks like the low pro version on your truck. Does it stand above the cab at all?

Old 05-15-2019, 08:40 PM
Brent376
Freshman User
Brent376 is starting off with a positive reputation.
So far, lots of props for Magnum. They do look sharp. Are DeeZee good?

Old 05-15-2019, 09:17 PM
PentaPop
Elder User
PentaPop is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My Lo Pro hauls 12’ lumber if I tie down the other end and butt it against the tailgate. If I had a rear rack that was the same height as the Lo-Pro, lumber would rub the roof. But with the channel in the top edge of the Lo Pro, it would be easy enough to rig up some sort of riser to prevent that. Or just get a Hi Pro to begin with.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:56 PM
ForCal
Senior User
Originally Posted by PentaPop View Post
My Lo Pro hauls 12í lumber if I tie down the other end and butt it against the tailgate. If I had a rear rack that was the same height as the Lo-Pro, lumber would rub the roof. But with the channel in the top edge of the Lo Pro, it would be easy enough to rig up some sort of riser to prevent that. Or just get a Hi Pro to begin with.

How high is it above the cab, or is it flush?

Old 05-16-2019, 09:30 AM
PentaPop
Elder User
PentaPop is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Didn’t see your question until this AM. The roof slopes off a little at the back so the rack sits slightly above the roof at the rearmost point. But as the roof gains height towards the front of the truck and the ribs show up, it actually gets higher than the top of the rack. Kinda hard to describe but a pic always helps.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:33 AM
landman873
Junior User
landman873 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm thinking when i get some free time i'll built one out of aluminum and make it sorta classy looking. I'm sure it'll be expensive but that's the fun of it

Old 05-16-2019, 10:59 AM
ForCal
Senior User
Originally Posted by PentaPop View Post
Didnít see your question until this AM. The roof slopes off a little at the back so the rack sits slightly above the roof at the rearmost point. But as the roof gains height towards the front of the truck and the ribs show up, it actually gets higher than the top of the rack. Kinda hard to describe but a pic always helps.

Thank you, that helps. Comparing dimensions from their site the high pro stands 3.25" taller.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:25 AM
NL_F250
Freshman User
NL_F250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
FabFour makes a nice offering, though a bit pricey. I wasn't interested in the "Backrack" offering so I would say I'll be ordering the FabFour.

Limitless in BC makes a great looking one as well but that's even more again. If moneys no option that's what I'd have.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:33 AM
Section179
Elder User
Section179 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would be curious about anybody’s experience with trifold bed covers between the rails and these set ups. I love the look of the magnum rack and would order one tomorrow if I knew I could still get my cover flipped all the way up.…

Old 05-17-2019, 04:55 PM
Hackenbush
Elder User
Hackenbush has a good reputation on FTE.Hackenbush has a good reputation on FTE.
I love the looks of the Magnum but when you need 11 of them the back rack was 355.00 compared to 600.00 per truck it won out and does the Job just as well .. Works with the Bak Flip as well

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.