Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Performance Chip

Old 05-14-2019, 07:30 PM
CNW
Freshman User
CNW is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford Performance Chip

I have been in Durango, CO the past 6 weeks. Got way better mileage while down there. From 15.5ish to 18.1. Big difference from city driving.

I ordered the stage 3 by Chip Your Car performance chip. They claim it will gain 4-6 mpg. Anyone know how close this is?

Thought the price was good and advertise a 60 hp gain. Will have see. Would like input.

Craig

Old 05-14-2019, 07:37 PM
JKBrad
Postmaster
JKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to behold
4-6 and 60 HP., no way. Not even an economy tune will get you 4-6 MPG.

I did not know Ford had a factory authorized tune available. What engine do you have?

Old 05-14-2019, 08:59 PM
CNW
Freshman User
CNW is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by JKBrad View Post
4-6 and 60 HP., no way. Not even an economy tune will get you 4-6 MPG.

I did not know Ford had a factory authorized tune available. What engine do you have?

I have 3.5L EcoBoostŪ V6 Lariat.

Let me restate what I said earlier. They are performance chips for Ford products. They are by by Chip Your Car.

Craig

Old 05-14-2019, 09:23 PM
msgtord
Posting Guru
msgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to all
Did i miss something? Where does it say it is a factory authorized tune?

Old 05-14-2019, 09:44 PM
KJ Smith
Elder User
KJ Smith has a very good reputation on FTE.KJ Smith has a very good reputation on FTE.KJ Smith has a very good reputation on FTE.KJ Smith has a very good reputation on FTE.
If any manufacturer could give you more HP and better fuel mileage reliably, they would.
Could you imagine how many 3.5's they would sell if they would get 25+mpg and 435 hp?

Old 05-14-2019, 10:41 PM
JKBrad
Postmaster
JKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by msgtord View Post
Did i miss something? Where does it say it is a factory authorized tune?
I was going by the title of his thread, and he's edited the thread since then.

5 Star Tuning is the most recommended tuning company here. You might want to check with them.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:48 PM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud of
Oh dear God! Another take on the old ECT fooler. All that thing does is keep the truck in closed loop mode. Great way to run rich and risk torching the turbos and probably a plethora of other side effects.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:32 AM
msgtord
Posting Guru
msgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to all
Originally Posted by JKBrad View Post
I was going by the title of his thread, and he's edited the thread since then.

5 Star Tuning is the most recommended tuning company here. You might want to check with them.
Yea, copy that.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:50 AM
johnday
Posting Guru
johnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant future
MPT is another good one. Can't see a gain in mileage, but has much more go.
A company throwing a blanket statement out like that, always raises my suspension. There's more variables involved, each engine can produce different gains, or loss. MPT claims I've got just short of 450RWP by their dyno, it might not, it could have, or it might be more. Only proof would be putting your own truck on the same make dyno, and have the same guy there doing it.
A programmer is more versatile than a chip as well.

Old 05-15-2019, 08:34 AM
scott91370
Posting Guru
scott91370 has a good reputation on FTE.scott91370 has a good reputation on FTE.
Well that's $200 you just wasted.
Claims: 60hp, 5mpg and 20% more tq.
Just wait until you put in the K&N filter, you'll be running 12's.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:08 AM
johndeerefarmer
Posting Guru
johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ford390gashog View Post
Oh dear God! Another take on the old ECT fooler. All that thing does is keep the truck in closed loop mode. Great way to run rich and risk torching the turbos and probably a plethora of other side effects.
I have a resistor I will sell you for $99. It will increase your HP by 50 and your fuel economy by 4.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:16 AM
GlueGuy
Postmaster
GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
I have a resistor I will sell you for $99. It will increase your HP by 50 and your fuel economy by 4.
Add two of them, and double the savings!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: