Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rislone oil additive?

Old 05-15-2019, 11:48 AM
speakerfritz
Postmaster
speakerfritz has a good reputation on FTE.speakerfritz has a good reputation on FTE.

This one does not advertise zinc. I would question what wear protection value it really has. Since is low or no zinc, itís probally exhuast system safe.

This one can be found at large franchise auto parts and auto supply stores

Old 05-15-2019, 12:01 PM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
KubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to all
this is for engines that have been neglected, i.e not had regular oil changes. sludge buildup etc

Old 05-15-2019, 12:03 PM
Adam R
Senior User
Adam R is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Adam R is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Iíve been inside several of my own engines that have in excess of 250,000 miles, one gas and one diesel, both were spotless inside. Appropriate oil changes are all that is required to keep the internals clean. Heck, the gas one still had the original crosshatching on the cylinder walls to boot.

Old 05-15-2019, 12:09 PM
Strokin-A-2010
Posting Guru
Strokin-A-2010 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Any good oil doesn't need additives. If you think you need it then you might want to switch to a better oil.

Old 05-15-2019, 12:50 PM
speakerfritz
Postmaster
speakerfritz has a good reputation on FTE.speakerfritz has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76 View Post
this is for engines that have been neglected, i.e not had regular oil changes. sludge buildup etc
Or engines under extended oil drains since the zinc and phosphorous in the old stock version will recharge the oil with zinc and phosphorous.

For the new version of this product the recharge benefit would be questionable.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:27 PM
MooManChu
Senior User
MooManChu is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any independent empirical evidence to support the claims of these additive makers? I just remember the debacle of Slick50 and how NASA debunked their claims.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:28 PM
First Dually
Senior User
First Dually has a very good reputation on FTE.First Dually has a very good reputation on FTE.First Dually has a very good reputation on FTE.
Buy the best oil that meets the manufacture's specifications. Change according to manufacture's recommendation using a quality filter. Leave the additives on the retailer's shelf.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.