1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

HOA seeks to foreclose on homeowner over classic truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 08:03 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 608 Likes on 378 Posts
HOA seeks to foreclose on homeowner over classic truck

Not everyone is a fan of "Patina ", it seems.....
-------------------------------------------------------------------

CHESTERFIELD, Mo. (KMOV.com) - Andy Lipka loves classic cars. One of his latest obsessions is his 1965 Ford F250 pickup truck.

It still runs well and in Lipka’s opinion, it’s pretty close to perfect.

As he explained, “It reminds me of the truck I grew up in with my dad.”

Not only does Lipka love the way it drives, he likes the paint job. As he describes, “It's not damaged, it's the way the finish has evolved over the years.”

His homeowners association (HOA) hates it. So much so, they are suing him. The bylaws of the HOA in his Chesterfield neighborhood state vehicles with moderately severe body damage can't be parked in the driveway. But Lipka says his classic truck does not have body damage.

Lipka told News 4, “Its original Ford paint from 1965, it’s sought after now.”

https://www.kmov.com/news/battle-bet...202ba6990.html

Old 05-08-2019, 08:40 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Tsk, tsk, tsk!

Old 05-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Mixer man
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I've heard of HOA's not allowing to fly the American flag unless it's a recognized holiday <sigh>.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:38 PM
ZFLASH
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bet there is a couple worse looking cars in the neighborhood that are newer, I'd go by and take pics of those and show the judge. L8R ZFLASH

Old 05-09-2019, 12:27 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Sounds like Andy needs to get on the HOA Board and or start kicking some donkeys.
Gotta love an overpowering HOA.... Not.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:32 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Never underestimate the determination of small minds to create solutions in search of a problem.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:58 AM
badger_hound
Laughing Gas
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Pretty lame that the HOA is giving this guy a hard time over a running classic truck. But then, HOAs are HOAs. Plus, it does look a little intentionally patina'd in my opinion, contrary to the reporting.

"Not only does Lipka love the way it drives, he likes the paint job. As he describes, “It's not damaged, it's the way the finish has evolved over the years.”

Old 05-09-2019, 04:48 AM
Badmoonreizen
Laughing Gas
Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
As a trial lawyer with 50 years of experience, I have litigated many of these HOA cases. Lack of a glossy paint job does not equate to body damage! He needs an aggressive lawyer, who will unearth the HOA minutes and discussions to demonstrate that they envisioned junk, non-running vehicles in their definition of body damage, not the quality or lack of paint.

I can think of a number of other points to argue, but this should be sufficient.

Regards, Mark.

Old 05-09-2019, 04:52 AM
JPMallory
Laughing Gas

Received 105 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by badger_hound
.. it does look a little intentionally patina'd in my opinion, contrary to the reporting.
Yeah, I have my doubts about how natural that finish is.

I've read too many HOA horror stories. That's why I avoided them when I was looking for a house.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:01 AM
Greg Rogers
Fleet Mechanic
Received 141 Likes on 80 Posts
Thanks for posting. What a world we live in... Busybodys have nothing else to do? I think there may be more to the story... If I was that guy I would say bring it on. But I'll bet he made someone mad in the past...

Old 05-09-2019, 07:13 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
When I was searching for a home I had a few criteria; backyard access, no flat roofs, no HOA's.....LOL
My dad lives in an area with an HOA. For awhile they were getting a little out of control and trying to do some stupid stuff. Dad found an interesting solution, he became a member of the governing body and eventually became president of the HOA board. That way he could have a little sway and try and keeps things from getting out of control

Bobby

Old 05-09-2019, 07:55 AM
TitusDH
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankfully, no HOA's are in existence here in Germany.

On my property I'll do anything I want unless it hurts a state law. At least I do not let anybody see it. But with several old cars in the driveway and a slightly different life style compared to the masses I already raise more interest in my neighorhood than I want. Owning a V8 PickUp is rated above 10 in suspicioussness factor, btw.
The sound of an anglegrinder and spraying around with solvents definitely doesn't make any friends around here, too….

Old 05-09-2019, 08:05 AM
Mr. Ed
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
HOAs are the latest way a select group of people take your money. Sort of like your landlord converting your apartment to a condo and making you buy it in order to stay. And guess what? On top of your mortgage for your condo, now you get to pay a maintenance fee that is mighty close to what your rent was. Go figure.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Old 05-09-2019, 08:10 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
That's a nice looking truck.
When I first got my truck, I had it in the driveway. After a while, the city came and asked my wife if it was running, when she said no, they told her we had to move it.
Fortunately I had a place I could move it, but it hampered my work for a long time. Now, I would have gone to the city and given them a piece of my mind. There are a bunch of houses in town that have a bunch of junk in their yards.
HOA people like that are just wanting to show they have power over people. It's sad really.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:28 AM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
Don't park it in the driveway or if you do then cover it.

Quick Reply: HOA seeks to foreclose on homeowner over classic truck