Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   HOA seeks to foreclose on homeowner over classic truck (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1582604-hoa-seeks-to-foreclose-on-homeowner-over-classic-truck.html)

ALBUQ F-1 05-08-2019 08:03 PM

HOA seeks to foreclose on homeowner over classic truck

Not everyone is a fan of "Patina ", it seems.....
-------------------------------------------------------------------

CHESTERFIELD, Mo. (KMOV.com) - Andy Lipka loves classic cars. One of his latest obsessions is his 1965 Ford F250 pickup truck.

It still runs well and in Lipka’s opinion, it’s pretty close to perfect.

As he explained, “It reminds me of the truck I grew up in with my dad.”

Not only does Lipka love the way it drives, he likes the paint job. As he describes, “It's not damaged, it's the way the finish has evolved over the years.”

His homeowners association (HOA) hates it. So much so, they are suing him. The bylaws of the HOA in his Chesterfield neighborhood state vehicles with moderately severe body damage can't be parked in the driveway. But Lipka says his classic truck does not have body damage.

Lipka told News 4, “Its original Ford paint from 1965, it’s sought after now.”

https://www.kmov.com/news/battle-bet...202ba6990.html

https://newswhammy.com/wp-content/up...e-1120x570.jpg

abe 05-08-2019 08:40 PM

Tsk, tsk, tsk!

Mixer man 05-08-2019 08:50 PM

I've heard of HOA's not allowing to fly the American flag unless it's a recognized holiday <sigh>.

ZFLASH 05-08-2019 10:38 PM

I bet there is a couple worse looking cars in the neighborhood that are newer, I'd go by and take pics of those and show the judge. L8R ZFLASH

jmadsen 05-09-2019 12:27 AM

Sounds like Andy needs to get on the HOA Board and or start kicking some donkeys.
Gotta love an overpowering HOA.... Not.

FortyNiner 05-09-2019 12:32 AM

Never underestimate the determination of small minds to create solutions in search of a problem.

badger_hound 05-09-2019 12:58 AM

Pretty lame that the HOA is giving this guy a hard time over a running classic truck. But then, HOAs are HOAs. Plus, it does look a little intentionally patina'd in my opinion, contrary to the reporting.

"Not only does Lipka love the way it drives, he likes the paint job. As he describes, “It's not damaged, it's the way the finish has evolved over the years.”

Badmoonreizen 05-09-2019 04:48 AM

As a trial lawyer with 50 years of experience, I have litigated many of these HOA cases. Lack of a glossy paint job does not equate to body damage! He needs an aggressive lawyer, who will unearth the HOA minutes and discussions to demonstrate that they envisioned junk, non-running vehicles in their definition of body damage, not the quality or lack of paint.

I can think of a number of other points to argue, but this should be sufficient.

Regards, Mark.

JPMallory 05-09-2019 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by badger_hound (Post 18643253)
.. it does look a little intentionally patina'd in my opinion, contrary to the reporting.

Yeah, I have my doubts about how natural that finish is.

I've read too many HOA horror stories. That's why I avoided them when I was looking for a house.

Greg Rogers 05-09-2019 07:01 AM

Thanks for posting. What a world we live in... Busybodys have nothing else to do? I think there may be more to the story... If I was that guy I would say bring it on. But I'll bet he made someone mad in the past...

bobbytnm 05-09-2019 07:13 AM

When I was searching for a home I had a few criteria; backyard access, no flat roofs, no HOA's.....LOL
My dad lives in an area with an HOA. For awhile they were getting a little out of control and trying to do some stupid stuff. Dad found an interesting solution, he became a member of the governing body and eventually became president of the HOA board. That way he could have a little sway and try and keeps things from getting out of control

Bobby

TitusDH 05-09-2019 07:55 AM

Thankfully, no HOA's are in existence here in Germany.

On my property I'll do anything I want unless it hurts a state law. At least I do not let anybody see it. But with several old cars in the driveway and a slightly different life style compared to the masses I already raise more interest in my neighorhood than I want. Owning a V8 PickUp is rated above 10 in suspicioussness factor, btw.
The sound of an anglegrinder and spraying around with solvents definitely doesn't make any friends around here, too….

Mr. Ed 05-09-2019 08:05 AM

HOAs are the latest way a select group of people take your money. Sort of like your landlord converting your apartment to a condo and making you buy it in order to stay. And guess what? On top of your mortgage for your condo, now you get to pay a maintenance fee that is mighty close to what your rent was. Go figure.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Harrier 05-09-2019 08:10 AM

That's a nice looking truck.
When I first got my truck, I had it in the driveway. After a while, the city came and asked my wife if it was running, when she said no, they told her we had to move it.
Fortunately I had a place I could move it, but it hampered my work for a long time. Now, I would have gone to the city and given them a piece of my mind. There are a bunch of houses in town that have a bunch of junk in their yards.
HOA people like that are just wanting to show they have power over people. It's sad really.

CharlieLed 05-09-2019 08:28 AM

Don't park it in the driveway or if you do then cover it.