Transmission Temp Display

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 09:40 AM
ATP
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission Temp Display

2018 F150 Lariat 5.0
How do I get the Transmission Temp to display under "Truck Info". I have the Type 3 Display, so it should be there, but Tire pressure, Digital Speedometer and Engine Information are the only items displayed.

Old 04-27-2019, 04:56 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
On my XLT when the digital speed odometer is displayed just have to scroll down ( down arrow ) to transmission temp just after distance to empty.

Old 04-27-2019, 10:53 PM
ATP
Junior User
Originally Posted by cbradford
On my XLT when the digital speed odometer is displayed just have to scroll down ( down arrow ) to transmission temp just after distance to empty.
Nope, no trans temp.
I had a 2018 F150 XLT for about 2 months (dealer bought it back because of warped dash) it had transmission temp.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:40 AM
storage_man
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My XLT shows trany temp exactly where cbradford statet, but maybe Lariats don't display it there since you can have them displayed in digital format above the analog guages.

Old 04-28-2019, 11:49 AM
ATP
Junior User
Originally Posted by storage_man
My XLT shows trany temp exactly where cbradford statet, but maybe Lariats don't display it there since you can have them displayed in digital format above the analog guages.
How do I do that? That is actually better.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:35 PM
scott91370
Fleet Mechanic
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts
You should have 4 gauges at the top of you readout. Oil - Coolant - Fuel - Trans/Boost (only one at a time can be watched at the top).
If you choose the trans you then need to use Forscan to turn on the numbers for Coolant and Transmission temps.
Here is a video - don't know anything about the person but this is how it is done.

Last edited by scott91370; 04-30-2019 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Added Video
Old 04-30-2019, 09:00 AM
DCM1
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by scott91370
You should have 4 gauges at the top of you readout. Oil - Coolant - Fuel - Trans/Boost (only one at a time can be watched at the top).
If you choose the trans you then need to use Forscan to turn on the numbers for Coolant and Transmission temps.
Here is a video - don't know anything about the person but this is how it is done.
Where's the video?

Old 04-30-2019, 11:42 AM
scott91370
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by DCM1
Where's the video?
Updated original post.

Old 04-30-2019, 03:33 PM
DCM1
Senior User
Originally Posted by DCM1
Where's the video?
Originally Posted by scott91370
Updated original post.
Man, where I used to work, that was a donut-able offense... One dozen, next duty day, bright and early.
LOL

Old 04-30-2019, 03:40 PM
scott91370
Fleet Mechanic
Hope nobody here at work sees this and knows I did it then.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:09 PM
jimmy-six
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I watched the video and would like to have this readout above my gauges. If some one could figure it out with out the use of Forscan that would be great. It seems to me a connected system would not be needed to do this if the info is right there and the miles to empty are used right above the gas gauge.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:23 PM
DCM1
Senior User
Originally Posted by jimmy-six
I watched the video and would like to have this readout above my gauges. If some one could figure it out with out the use of Forscan that would be great. It seems to me a connected system would not be needed to do this if the info is right there and the miles to empty are used right above the gas gauge.
Easy to do with the OBD adapter and laptop. I've done a handful of mods already, listed some in my signature. Now that the snow/ice is gone, time to turn on the side mirror autofold mod. If you ever get over to Salt Lake City area, I'll do them for you.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:18 PM
ATP
Junior User
Where do you get the OBD adapter? Is Forscan free and can you screw anything up? Im currently running 5star tunes.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:28 PM
scott91370
Fleet Mechanic
Here is a great page with instructions and adapters that work.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

OBD2 adapter will cost you but Forscan is free.
You can mess stuff up so backing up your as built data is highly recommended. But everything is very easy to use and reset. I cannot stand using software like this but I am able to get around very comfortably and without worry.

Also, there are SO MANY changes you can make that once you get started you'll keep finding things to change. I started with one change then things kept getting found and I read more ad now I have like 20 things done.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:01 PM
DCM1
Senior User
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ATP
Where do you get the OBD adapter? Is Forscan free and can you screw anything up? I'm currently running 5star tunes.
Well I was gonna say something but @scott91370 nailed it.

I will recommend that, after downloading the spreadsheet and buying your adapter (I have the wired one with the switch; if I had to do it over again I'd have splurged and bought the bluetooth one without a switch. Sitting in the truck trying to use a 17" laptop instead of a Win10 tablet can be a pain) that you back up all your as-built data on your HD and on a flash drive. Second, document your changes, to include your original as-built value for each change! Then when you need to roll back one change (mirror autofold because of icing conditions, for instance) you don't have to load your backup and wipe out 5 other mods you did. If you have the original values for that particular change, you can back out of that change and that change only.

I've not read of anyone messing up their tune with FORScan.

Last but not least, the F150 Forum has a FORScan thread of 1970 pages, nearly 20,000 posts. No, I do not recommend you start at the beginning and read it. Nor do I recommend you jump ship from this forum. Read the first couple pages, get the spreadsheet and the instructions, then after you make some notes on what you'd like to modify, use the search function in that thread to see what people have found works and doesn't work on specific model years and trims. Ask questions over there if you can't get an answer here; at least a dozen posters there are quite knowledgeable and glad to help.

For instance, I have disabled the AutoStartStop system, enabled front windows up and down from the key fob, and side mirror tilt down in reverse and return. But they've found that the tilt down doesn't work in trucks that don't have seat and mirror and steering wheel memory. I've enabled my NAV to program while driving, and turned off the annoying dings and beeps for starting, seat belts, etc. And reprogrammed my DRL's (daytime running lights) to be halos and turns instead of low beams, and enabled fog lights with high beams. Adjusted temp and timeout on my heated steering wheel, and number of flashes for lane change turn signal. Yada-yada-yada. As Scott said, the things you can tweak are almost endless.

Well, I wasn't gonna spout off. Too late, I guess...

Here's the link:
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forsc...-truck-348987/

FYI @Livnitup

Quick Reply: Transmission Temp Display