Sponsored by: Moser

Intellitronix digital dash install.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 08:51 PM
RalphXL
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Intellitronix digital dash install.

I bought one of these for my 1979 f-150.

https://www.intellitronix.com/produc...placement-dash

My dash lights didn't work and speedo was off due to to trans and tire diameter change. I didn't feel like messing around or putting money into the stock stuff. This gauge cluster fixes both those problems and makes speedo calibration as easy as pressing a few buttons. There was a bit of a mix up on sending me the correct directions, their tech line was helpful. Temp sensor read a lot higher than what my Fitech reads at. I called them and they sent me a new temp sender, it's better but still off from the Fitech. Not a huge deal for me, probably still more accurate that the factory temp gauge. Wiring wasn't a problem after I got the correct directions. Speedo cable gets replaced with a sensor that goes in the trans, wires run up to the dash. I haven't calibrated the speedo yet. I'm waiting for brake parts to replace defective stuff from Jeg's. I drove around about a week with the gauge cluster in and I like it quite a bit. Might get another for my bronco. I'll add a few more pictures.

Wiring all labeled nicely.
I thought I had a completed install picture. I can add one tomorrow.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:37 PM
march
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice..... but salty.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:57 PM
RalphXL
Tuned
I haven't tried licking it.

Jess

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-23-2019, 10:00 PM
TCR
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome! Mine still haven’t arrived, for some reason Jegs is taking their sweet time. Its nice to know it was an easy install though!

Old 04-24-2019, 04:48 AM
ranger140892
Cargo Master
Received 531 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by TCR
Awesome! Mine still haven’t arrived, for some reason Jegs is taking their sweet time. Its nice to know it was an easy install though!
Jegs is the worst! Every order I've made with them took 7+ days to process. And then they used Fedex, even after I requested they use UPS or USPS. Fedex in my rural area is like a black hole staffed by drunk monkeys

Old 04-24-2019, 06:50 AM
njdevil77
Tuned
Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ranger140892
Jegs is the worst! Every order I've made with them took 7+ days to process. And then they used Fedex, even after I requested they use UPS or USPS. Fedex in my rural area is like a black hole staffed by drunk monkeys
X2 on this.... Even in NJ they are hit and miss, they must have some alliance with the post office. Sometimes they drop packages at the local post office and they finish the delivery route. I could see if I live in the backwoods but I live on a County Road???? I always request UPS for big stuff.

Old 04-24-2019, 11:01 AM
TCR
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by ranger140892
Not only are they taking forever we tried to call them and we got no answer...awesome customer service haha

Old 04-24-2019, 11:02 AM
TCR
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by njdevil77
X2 on this.... Even in NJ they are hit and miss, they must have some alliance with the post office. Sometimes they drop packages at the local post office and they finish the delivery route. I could see if I live in the backwoods but I live on a County Road???? I always request UPS for big stuff.
I would’ve done that if I knew they were going to take forever. This is the first time I’ve ordered from them

Old 04-24-2019, 08:45 PM
RalphXL
Tuned
The brake proportioning valve replacement I had ordered from Jeg's came today on time. I don't have an issue getting stuff from them on time. I do agree about the Fedex statements though. We get packages at my work from UPS and Fedex daily, UPS drivers are the same for years, We get a new Fedex guy every six months it seems. UPS is union and well paid, Fedex not so much.

The dash is a little slow as far as the speed keeping pace with the readout. Guess you could call it laggy. It takes a couple seconds for big changes to register. Like abrupt stops for a red light or heavy acceleration. RPM display is rounded up to hundreds. A picture of everything buttoned up. Overall I'm happy with it. Looks good and was cheaper than piecing together a bunch of aftermarket gauges. The little black switch/button on the left of the column is for calibration and other features like setting your odometer to read the same as the dash you took out.

Jess

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-24-2019, 08:47 PM
RalphXL
Tuned
It measures speed in reverse too. I thought that was pretty funny the first time I saw it. Fuel level is in percentages. In the picture it's 99% full.

Jess

Old 04-24-2019, 08:52 PM
TCR
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by RalphXL
The brake proportioning valve replacement I had ordered from Jeg's came today on time. I don't have an issue getting stuff from them on time. I do agree about the Fedex statements though. We get packages at my work from UPS and Fedex daily, UPS drivers are the same for years, We get a new Fedex guy every six months it seems. UPS is union and well paid, Fedex not so much.

The dash is a little slow as far as the speed keeping pace with the readout. Guess you could call it laggy. It takes a couple seconds for big changes to register. Like abrupt stops for a red light or heavy acceleration. RPM display is rounded up to hundreds. A picture of everything buttoned up. Overall I'm happy with it. Looks good and was cheaper than piecing together a bunch of aftermarket gauges. The little black switch/button on the left of the column is for calibration and other features like setting your odometer to read the same as the dash you took out.

Jess
Where does it show rpm’s? Can you have rpms and mph at the same time?

Old 04-24-2019, 09:54 PM
Hofdog
New User
How hard was it to install that radio? I have the same in my GMC and was thinking of putting it in the Dentside.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:04 PM
1TonBasecamp
Lead Driver
Received 731 Likes on 585 Posts
Originally Posted by TCR
I don't know anything about these particular gauges (I have Dakota Digital) but it looks like the MPH is strictly the digital readout in the center and the RPM readout is the circular range you can see partially lit with the four individual segments currently lit up in the pic.

That right Ralph?

Paul

Old 04-24-2019, 10:10 PM
RalphXL
Tuned
Originally Posted by TCR
I have the RPM's shown two ways in my pictures. The 900, and the squares going over the MPH, which is zero in the pictures. You can configure it so that the numerical readout(900 in the picture) is an odometer or trip odometer too.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:14 PM
RalphXL
Tuned
Originally Posted by 1TonBasecamp
I don't know anything about these particular gauges (I have Dakota Digital) but it looks like the MPH is strictly the digital readout in the center and the RPM readout is the circular range you can see partially lit with the four individual segments currently lit up in the pic.

Paul
Yes. But as I replied to the other post you can configure the lower numerical display for other things or have it read RPM's as I have it now. I might change it to an odometer later.

This dash will also do performance data like 1/4 mile times and stuff like that.

Jess

Quick Reply: Intellitronix digital dash install.