Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone doing mud flaps these days?

Old 04-14-2019, 05:50 PM
Nictye
New User
Nictye is starting off with a positive reputation.
Anyone doing mud flaps these days?

I am considering it as I thought it may help with some of the splash on the fenders.
I'm not sure about how they will look though. I am leaning toward the Husky Mud Guards.
Please share a pic of you have one.
Thanks,

Old 04-14-2019, 06:06 PM
ATC Crazy
Post Fiend
ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:27 PM
Nictye
New User
Nictye is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks ATC.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:03 PM
thewholetruth
Senior User
thewholetruth is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Nictye View Post
I am considering it as I thought it may help with some of the splash on the fenders.
I'm not sure about how they will look though. I am leaning toward the Husky Mud Guards.
Please share a pic of you have one.
Thanks,
went with the gator backs. Havenít installed them yet.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:41 PM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Posting Guru
Paw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to beholdPaw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to beholdPaw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to beholdPaw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to beholdPaw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to beholdPaw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to beholdPaw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to beholdPaw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to behold
Have the Husky's on the front of my DRW F350 and the OEM Ford flaps on the rear.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:24 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
i have the duraflap long ones.. no emblem

Old 04-14-2019, 09:37 PM
Undercover
New User
Undercover is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the Weather Tech flaps and I am happy with them. They definitely help with keeping the crud off of the running boards and truck. Might be hard to see in the pic but it's all I have right now.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:46 PM
claf
Jedi
claf is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would REALLY like something to keep mud off the (diesel) exhaust. The Huskies look too short to do that, anyone have experience with that?

Old 04-14-2019, 09:53 PM
jjmoberg
New User
jjmoberg is starting off with a positive reputation.

Not easy to see but these are the Husky flaps

Old 04-14-2019, 11:55 PM
NWnative
Senior User
NWnative is starting off with a positive reputation.
No mud flaps for me. Just one more thing to get torn off when off road. I have a set of Rock Tamers that I install when towing the RV.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:04 AM
2009kr
Posting Guru
2009kr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have the Gatorbacks. One look at the front of my fifth wheel after towing on wet roads convinced me to get rear flaps. The junk front flaps that came on my F450 were torn (and I don't go off road), so I got Gatorbacks for the front as well.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:51 AM
zeroo
Elder User
zeroo is starting off with a positive reputation.
I always run mudflaps on my trucks, usually weather tech but I like the gator backs.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:16 AM
troverman
Post Fiend
troverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud of
In my opinion, the two best flaps on the market are Gatorback and Duraflap. Both come at a higher price than Husky/Ford/Weathertech. The Gatorbacks are my favorite, and tend to be the most stylish.

Wrong brand of truck for you guys I realize, but here's what the Gatorbacks look like on my current rig - matching front and rear.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:37 AM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
actually Duraflap was the least expensive for my ford dually.. $127 delivered.. these are the longer ones..

Old 04-15-2019, 12:24 PM
saskowner
Senior User
saskowner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by NWnative View Post
No mud flaps for me. Just one more thing to get torn off when off road. I have a set of Rock Tamers that I install when towing the RV.
I wonder how many windshields you have unknowingly taken out by not having flaps on. Where I live they are required by law for that very reason. I have used Gatorbacks on my last few trucks and really like them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.