1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

anavrinIV's '56 F-100 project

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 08:42 PM
EBEAR
Cargo Master
Received 543 Likes on 310 Posts
Pics not showing

Old 08-11-2019, 09:55 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,168 Likes on 2,676 Posts
That's funny, the pics were showing yesterday..

Old 08-12-2019, 07:26 AM
anavrinIV
Junior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EBEAR
Pics not showing
I can see them on multiple computers

Old 08-12-2019, 08:46 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Apparently this site has a time limit on them...

Old 08-18-2019, 08:43 PM
anavrinIV
Junior User
Put the new distributor and Duraspark box in. The coil (original oil can) doesn't fit in the stock location with the wide cap dist so I'll be remote mounting a TFI coil next to the DS box. Simple solution and will clean the engine up a bit.

Ripped out the nasty carpet and padding today too, removed the broken window from the driver's door, and finally got the window crank and interior door handles off - both regulator shafts are destroyed, but only on the driver's door.

Also fixed the transmission shift linkage - when I got the truck home the transmission did not lock into any particular gear and could basically go from P to 1 without unlocking it - super unsafe. Problem was the bracket was loose and allowed it to slip out of the detents. repositioned and locked into place, now has a firm snap into each gear.

Inquired about a door regulator and bench from a local with a '54 parts truck, hopefully something comes of it.

Wiring to go in shortly.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:15 AM
anavrinIV
Junior User
Sometimes I read these build threads that go on for years and years only to find not conclusion at the end, just a laundry list of items left to go and think to myself "how can it go on this long and not be finished?" but I'm starting to realize just how that happens. Amazing to think that it's been 8 months since my last update and I don't feel any further along, but recently some focus has shifted back to the truck and I'm happy to be back at it!

I went around and around for months on what I wanted to do with the ignition coil and finally settled on a Motorcraft TFI coil and pigtail. My last post states exactly this setup but between the two I jumped all over the place. The main advantage of this coil is I shouldn't need to run a resistor wire or ballast resistor in line with the epoxy coil which simplifies the wiring. I will also be able to avoid a 12v "start" wire from the solenoid since I will always be sending 12v when in start or run. In researching DS2 system wiring I have found 3-4 different hookup diagrams, including 2 different diagrams from the company I bought the wiring harness from. This has me slightly concerned but understanding the role of each connection has sorted it out (I think?).

The harness is roughly laid out in the truck and I'm starting to make the connections. Ignition and engine wiring is going first then I'll put the engine bay back together mechanically and wire the front end. I still need to finish routing the fuel line and I will need to add wiring for the new fuel pump (not included in this harness) but that's no big deal. Last year I snagged a pair of horns while roaming around the junk yard and, after a couple slight modifications to the bracket, they fit perfectly. I did not have a horn when I got the truck

While I had some time last year I cut pieces for new engine mounts and had a buddy weld them up. The engine is now secure in the frame and I made clearance to the PS pump while I was in there.

House projects and travel dominated much of the last quarter of 2019 for me but 2020 has started off a little more open. My goal is to have the truck running this year, and with some luck I'll make it

Old 03-11-2020, 07:46 AM
avf100
Fleet Mechanic
Received 400 Likes on 188 Posts
Life does get in the way of our truck projects. I was hoping to have mine done within 2 years....going on 5 and nowhere near done.

Old 03-11-2020, 01:04 PM
Greg Rogers
Fleet Mechanic
Received 141 Likes on 80 Posts
Keep at it! I can't see any of your pics, All I get is a minus sign in a circle....

Old 03-11-2020, 02:43 PM
anavrinIV
Junior User
Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Keep at it! I can't see any of your pics, All I get is a minus sign in a circle....
Other people have mentioned that but I can see all of them...I paste them directly into the body of text instead of adding as attachments. What browser do you use?

Old 03-11-2020, 03:04 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,470 Posts
Of course you can see them but nobody else can

Go to the 48-56 forum page. There is a sticky near the of the page titled, "How to post pics."

Or on your reply you'll see an icon of of a mountain range next to a smiley face. Click on it. It opens up a photo box. It's very straightforward.

Old 03-11-2020, 03:10 PM
anavrinIV
Junior User
Originally Posted by abe
Of course you can see them but nobody else can

Go to the 48-56 forum page. There is a sticky near the of the page titled, "How to post pics."

Or on your reply you'll see an icon of of a mountain range next to a smiley face. Click on it. It opens up a photo box. It's very straightforward.
I know how to do that but it means downloading all my pictures first. I like being able to straight copy them in. Never had this be a problem before...

Old 03-11-2020, 03:42 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by anavrinIV
Other people have mentioned that but I can see all of them...I paste them directly into the body of text instead of adding as attachments. What browser do you use?
Are they on your computer..? I don't see any of your pictures either..

Old 03-11-2020, 04:28 PM
F100fun
Laughing Gas
Received 420 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by 56panelford
Are they on your computer..? I don't see any of your pictures either..
Me neither

Old 03-11-2020, 04:56 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,470 Posts
When that window pops up that says "upload files" you can drag pictures from your computer file directly to the upload page.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:18 AM
anavrinIV
Junior User
Originally Posted by abe
When that window pops up that says "upload files" you can drag pictures from your computer file directly to the upload page.
They're not on my computer, I have to download them all first. Copying images directly from google photos works everywhere else I use it. Maybe I'll get around to it one of these days but I don't like putting a bunch of personal stuff on my work computer and I barely use my personal laptop.

Quick Reply: anavrinIV's '56 F-100 project