Notices

OEM tow control 2011 E350

Old 03-16-2019, 11:59 AM
ALO604
New User
ALO604 is starting off with a positive reputation.
OEM tow control 2011 E350

I have an 2011 E350 superduty chassis class C motorhome. I'd like to install the OEM dash brake control.
I've got mixed advice from Dealers if will actually work. The OEM trailer wiring is there and 7 way trailer plug.
Does anyone have real world advice on this install? I've done the internet search thing.
Please don't assume or guess the answer, have you done it.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:00 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
If the wiring is there, then it maybe possible. But the wiring in the dash also needs to exist.

I don't know about the E chasis on whether they could come with the TBC or not. If there is a spot for it below the HVAC controls then I suggest taking the center stack cover off to see if the wiring is there. If so then a it can just be plugged it.

To actually activate it you would need to visit a dealer or have someone who can go into the PCM and turn the function on.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:22 PM
ALO604
New User
ALO604 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks but what did I say about assuming or guessing. I need a reply from someone who has actually performed this task.
Like I said all the OEM wiring is there.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:45 PM
lhoward1134
Freshman User
lhoward1134 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would do a search over in the van section of this forum. A few years ago I was hoping to do this to mine, an '06, but I think I read the factory TBC started in '10. I can't remember if anyone ever added a TBC, but that's where I would look.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:54 AM
bellport
New User
bellport is starting off with a positive reputation.
I added an aftermarket brake controller to my E-450 U-haul it took about 10 minutes to hook up, very easy plug and play

Old 04-13-2019, 01:46 PM
BPofMD
FTE MD Chapter Ldr
BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
The3 OEM Ford TBC requires a special Master Cylinder. If you do NOT already have it ( if the van didn't come with the TBC you can assume you don't have it) it will be MUCH simpler to just install an aftermarket controller. Ford's TBC started in 2005 vehicles. I looked up your best bet for you. https://www.etrailer.com/bc-2011_For...l=-pm-Tekonsha

I removed my troublesome factory TBC and installed this also.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.