Notices

Auto Level Panel

Old 03-12-2019, 07:53 PM
brickman
Elder User
brickman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.brickman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Auto Level Panel

I had to order a new control panel for the auto level on my fifth wheel. I had the truck and rv cleaned at one of those truck washes (independent place not blue beacon) in Texas when we went south on vacation in Jan, they used high pressure hoses to clean the rig but the panel was mounted to the inside of one of the baggage compartment doors and the pressure pushed around the door seals and got the panel wet. Now it still works but the lights donít light up to tell you where the level is. Didnít find it until we got to Arizona and unhitched and used the leveler. So now I have relocated the panel so itís now in the compartment and ordered this from etrailer https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...C234802.html#/
Just a note of caution to others in case you have a leveler panel in a similar location.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:13 PM
wrvond
Postmaster
wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.
I never use high pressure water on a camper of any kind. It's an almost certain recipe for leakage which is very bad for campers.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:17 PM
scraprat
Postmaster
scraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant future
High pressure sprayers and decals seems like a bad idea.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:38 AM
brickman
Elder User
brickman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.brickman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I completely agree. Unfortunately when we are over a thousand miles from home and the rig is completely covered in white northern salt, thereís not much choice except to use a truck wash to get all the salt off. the decals are slowly coming off by themselves any way. I was hoping by going to an independent truck wash that they would use a different method of cleaning.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:00 AM
wrvond
Postmaster
wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by brickman View Post
I completely agree. Unfortunately when we are over a thousand miles from home and the rig is completely covered in white northern salt, thereís not much choice except to use a truck wash to get all the salt off. the decals are slowly coming off by themselves any way. I was hoping by going to an independent truck wash that they would use a different method of cleaning.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound judgmental. Years ago while shopping for a used class 'A' I went to look at a Georgetown that was very, very nice. Except for a very large puddle of water on the dresser in the bedroom. Turned out the owner used a pressure washer to clean the unit several times and had completely blown out the caulking around at least a couple windows. So now, whenever I hear RV and pressure wash in the same sentence, my mind goes back to the damage on that Georgetown.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:26 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
Man, I wish my pressure washer would take off my decals. I think if I wait a few years they might fade completely to white and match the white fiberglass.

I do use a pressure washer but I don't get up close and personal with it and make sure I use a fan nozzle, not the high pressure needle nozzle.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:43 AM
brickman
Elder User
Only time I use a pressure washer on mine when at home is to use the foam cannon.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:45 AM
scraprat
Postmaster
scraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
Man, I wish my pressure washer would take off my decals. I think if I wait a few years they might fade completely to white and match the white fiberglass.

I do use a pressure washer but I don't get up close and personal with it and make sure I use a fan nozzle, not the high pressure needle nozzle.
Give it time on the decals. Mine are so faded and cracked that when it comes time I think we'll just give it a full body paint. We don't find the need to trade the trailer in every couple years if you get what you want from the get go just give it a face lift if the bones are strong.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:51 AM
brickman
Elder User
Originally Posted by scraprat View Post
Give it time on the decals. Mine are so faded and cracked that when it comes time I think we'll just give it a full body paint. We don't find the need to trade the trailer in every couple years if you get what you want from the get go just give it a face lift if the bones are strong.
Absolutely

Old 03-15-2019, 05:27 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Interesting hadn't thought too much about this but it does bring up another point on the panel. I have the auto leveling and some times the buttons take a little extra pushing to get them to respond.

I guess I could get a new one and swap it out. Just a thought at this point.

I always hand wash mine my 5th wheel. After 7 years my decals are faded and coming off too.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:09 PM
Edd505
Junior User
Edd505 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Edd505 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have seen the panel mounted outside on some newer RV's. I have used truck washes before without issue i just ask they now use acid on the aluminum wheels.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.