Stumped - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Stumped

Old 02-19-2019, 05:26 AM
Jason Cate
New User
Jason Cate is starting off with a positive reputation.
Stumped

Iíve got a really dumb question and at this point am beginning to question my sanity. My fuel selector valve got stuck between both tanks which was bad because my rear tank has a hole in it. Since then Iíve severed the 2 fuel lines running to the rear tank. I know there isnít any diesel left in the rear tank but sometimes when I park my truck and get out my rear tank is leaking. Did ford install a mystery hose that Iím not seeing? I thought perhaps rain water is getting into the rear tank has previous owner drilled into to top. However when I got back to work this morning where I parked yesterday is stained in diesel?!? According to my fuel gauge Iím not losing any diesel. Thoughts?

Old 02-19-2019, 06:05 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
there will always be a little in the tank until it is truly empty.
my 88's front tank dripped for close to 5 years depending on how it was parked.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:37 AM
Olds64
Posting Guru
Olds64 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by tjc transport View Post
there will always be a little in the tank until it is truly empty.
x2

I removed my front tank after siphoning all of the fuel out. There was still fuel in the bottom when I removed it and I couldn't even get 100% out after flipping the tank over with the fuel sending unit out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.