Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear window defroster?

Old 02-18-2019, 07:53 AM
bearintex
New User
bearintex is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rear window defroster?

So the rear window defroster isn't working. Side mirrors are heating properly, so I know the dash switch and fuse are good. (I am assuming that the mirrors and rear operate on the same fuse?) Is there anything else between the front and back to check before I dive into the actual heater strips themselves?

Old 02-18-2019, 08:14 AM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
IIRC, Tylus Had replaced the heater element. Search for his build/fix/updates thread.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:29 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)
Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by unleashd View Post
IIRC, Tylus Had replaced the heater element. Search for his build/fix/updates thread.
mine wasn’t working and I found this
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1499615-help-fixing-rear-hatch-defrost.html

how i fixed it for $17
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1495658-2000-x-build-thread-2.html#post17417502

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.