Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The fun begins

Old 03-05-2019, 02:07 PM
CNW
Freshman User
CNW is starting off with a positive reputation.
Making some headway. A little. It has been so cold around here spray painting has been limited. My plan is to paint the grey items in the interior the Ruby Red color of my truck body. Well, most of of them, perhaps not the console.

Craig

Old 03-05-2019, 04:27 PM
johnday
Posting Guru
johnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant future
Cool! Where did you get the paint? How's it match the body. I just ordered a kit from "Touch Up Direct". Primer, base coat, mid coat, and clear, for some fender badges. Not sure how it'll turn out, I understand the clear is actually tinted on OEM Ruby Red.

Old 03-05-2019, 05:19 PM
CNW
Freshman User
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
Cool! Where did you get the paint? How's it match the body. I just ordered a kit from "Touch Up Direct". Primer, base coat, mid coat, and clear, for some fender badges. Not sure how it'll turn out, I understand the clear is actually tinted on OEM Ruby Red.
Three cans: base red, top-coat red and clear coat. Color match was right-on. Paint is from Amazon:
ExpressPaint Aerosol Ford F-Series, F150, F250, F350 Automotive Touch-up Paint - Ruby Red Metallic Tricoat RR - Color + Clearcoat Package ExpressPaint Aerosol Ford F-Series, F150, F250, F350 Automotive Touch-up Paint - Ruby Red Metallic Tricoat RR - Color + Clearcoat Package

Old 03-05-2019, 05:49 PM
johnday
Posting Guru
johnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant future
I bookmarked that page, thanks. Mine cost me $92USD, but I did get a can of primer as well. Good to know it matched like you wanted, I hope mine does.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:06 PM
CNW
Freshman User
Finally, I've been able to get somethings done. Warmed up some. Can spray paint. So, got the steering wheel and door pulls done.

Craig

Old 03-22-2019, 04:12 PM
Wiggums
Posting Guru
Wiggums has a good reputation on FTE.Wiggums has a good reputation on FTE.Wiggums has a good reputation on FTE.
Wow, if anybody said they were going to paint the steering wheel red, I'd put a stop to it and say it's going to be gaudy but this isn't actually so bad. I'm impressed.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:07 PM
CNW
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Wiggums View Post
Wow, if anybody said they were going to paint the steering wheel red, I'd put a stop to it and say it's going to be gaudy but this isn't actually so bad. I'm impressed.
Thanks.

Craig

Old 03-23-2019, 07:50 AM
David1986
Elder User
David1986 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wow! The door handle and steering wheel looks Great. Nice job!

Old 03-23-2019, 09:03 AM
johnday
Posting Guru
You did a nice job! What paint did you use?

Old 03-24-2019, 02:04 PM
CNW
Freshman User
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
You did a nice job! What paint did you use?
Amazon.
Amazon Amazon

Was happy with color match.

Craig

Old 03-24-2019, 03:29 PM
johnday
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by CNW View Post
Hope my paint matches like that. I bought a kit from Touchup Direct, primer, base, midcoat and clear. Was going to do my fender badges, but wound up having custom ones done. I'm gonna use it on the skull caps instead.

I see I've been repeating myself, happens when you're olde I guess.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:33 PM
GABAR
Postmaster
GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.
Good paint job but in my opinion, and donít take this personally, the interior is starting to look rather ricer/ gaudy.

Old 03-24-2019, 05:25 PM
CNW
Freshman User
Originally Posted by GABAR View Post
Good paint job but in my opinion, and donít take this personally, the interior is starting to look rather ricer/ gaudy.
No offense taken. To each his own.

Craig

Old 04-05-2019, 02:42 PM
CNW
Freshman User
Up and running. Was able to paint the outer vent bezels. Will work on the inner ones as time permits. Ordered wheel well inserts, so they are on the agenda, too. Anyway making progress.

Craig

Old 04-05-2019, 04:18 PM
Kingofwylietx
Posting Guru
Kingofwylietx has a good reputation on FTE.Kingofwylietx has a good reputation on FTE.Kingofwylietx has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by CNW View Post
.............. My plan is to paint the grey items in the interior the Ruby Red color of my truck body. Well, most of of them, perhaps not the console.....
I really like the console in low gloss black. I pulled mine out and painted it. I think it looks better than the silver from the factory.
You be the judge, it's just a suggestion...but I think it will go much better with your red trim pieces.

See here:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: