2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Is Dark Marsala actually dark?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 08:06 AM
burgy
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
THAT color I would love. Not seeing it in the pics I've seen so far.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:20 AM
Joe T
Lead Driver
Received 935 Likes on 737 Posts
We’ll see next Tuesday or Wednesday when I pick it up.

I really do not like the gray racing stripes on the seats. A small gripe I have with the platinum.

This is not a race car, hello.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:21 AM
smokewagun
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
These colors change from photo to monitor. I loved the original King Ranch interior when it was real cowhide, and my 2016 in the brown. The 2017+ is too orange. Now, for 2020, it looks more earthy and brown... I hope. One owner on here has a grey Platinum with Marsala and posted pics. It looked good, but none I’ve ever seen look like Fords brochures and photos, which are dark.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:27 AM
jackbauersmom
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Joe T,
the magma red is awesome in person. it looks black in some light and like cherry cola with a sparkle in other, you won't be disappointed. I live in a state where dark colors are impossible to keep clean, so I went with silver and did the marsala interior. my truck is arriving next week. marsala seems to be a hard color to photograph and does not translate well to computer monitors. I have seen it in person and I liked how it broke up the interior of the truck vs. the all black. all of the pictures in direct sunlight seem to make it look orange. I will try and post a better picture once I get it.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:57 AM
Platinum One
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I consider the Marsala more of a medium brown. Not near as red on my truck as that first pic. In my opinion the Marsala interior looks best combined with the platinum white or black exterior.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:20 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,566 Likes on 731 Posts
My 2017 Platinum is the color of the 1st photo. That doesn't mean that color has not changed some in the '19s

Old 02-14-2019, 09:30 AM
JD'sBigredv10
More Turbo
Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts
Committing to Dark Marsala was the toughest aspect of my special order. I actually drove 120 miles to see it in person before placing the order. I went back and forth in my mind before making my final choice. In the end, I really wanted a unique look. To me, the black interior is very one dimensional. When my truck arrived, I opened the door and immediately knew that I had made the right choice. Dark Marsala makes the interior look more upscale. Three months later, I love it even more. Every time I get in the truck I appreciate the overall feel of the interior.

The representation on the Ford website is much darker than reality. In most photos, the color appears lighter and more red than reality. The color is also dramatically affected by lighting conditions.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:40 AM
nomad_archer
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Seems like I'm an odd ball with a darker marsala..... edit... I'm not an odd ball. I have the 2017 brunello color

The following users liked this post:
Old 02-14-2019, 09:45 AM
MooManChu
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
FWIW,

I bought a 2015 Edge Titanium a few years ago and was on the fence with one appears to be the same color, however back than, the cool name was Cognac". I thought it was a bit too much color for such a mundane family people hauler. Seriously, I think its the same color as this Marsala and yes, it looks like dark maroon at night and almost orange on a sunny day. Anyways I am really happy with it having now a few years and get a lot of compliments.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:01 AM
jackbauersmom
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nomad_archer
Seems like I'm an odd ball with a darker marsala.

if your truck is a 2017, I think the other color that year other than black was brunello, not dark marsala. they are close but the brunello is darker.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:17 AM
nomad_archer
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jackbauersmom
if your truck is a 2017, I think the other color that year other than black was brunello, not dark marsala. they are close but the brunello is darker.
I just went back and looked at the window sticker...you sir are correct... Mine is brunello. Why in the world would they make that change. I feel like thebrunello is a pretty classy looking color. I'm not a huge fan of the marsalla.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:06 AM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe T
Ford definitely did not screw up! They need to offer more color if they want to get these prices, it not a model T. I like it and it really looks sharp on the Magnetic trucks as well if you want to experiment. I would have done that but I have a magnetic F150 already.

My GF saw the picture and liked that ‘burgundy’ color and the whole platinum truck compared to the Limited. I kinda wanted the black limited.

Marsala is an actual color.

Flowers and dresses and Pantone swatches....none of these things should be associated with a SuperDuty hahaha. I think that color would fit nicely in an Audi TT or BMW 330, perfect match for my wifes purse or handbag lol.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:19 AM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Tricon
Flowers and dresses and Pantone swatches....none of these things should be associated with a SuperDuty hahaha. I think that color would fit nicely in an Audi TT or BMW 330, perfect match for my wifes purse or handbag lol.
That's what I was thinking. I mean, unless it perfectly matched my man-purse and shoes. My wife would look amazing in that dress on the right but not my truck. That brunello color tho, that's getting better IMO.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:36 AM
smokewagun
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Sometimes with Ford, I gotta say.... WHAT?
Who comes up with this? It’s like this F150 Limited combo. Blue seats in a Ruby Red truck. Yes, it was built.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:39 AM
Joe T
Lead Driver
Received 935 Likes on 737 Posts
That Brunello is nice. The 2017s were nice trucks all around.

The marsala pics were kinda comical to me too. But on gray they really look like confederate infantry uniform colors which is kinda neat.

Like I said, I showed my second opinion person a black Limited and the Magma/Marsala on the Ford website and she was all about the “burgundy” one. I like the platinum grill and wheels better and saving $4,500.

Quick Reply: Is Dark Marsala actually dark?