Oil Cooler Compatibility? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Oil Cooler Compatibility?

Old 02-08-2019, 10:20 AM
JWA
Post Fiend
JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Oil Cooler Compatibility?

So I'm working on my own 2005 E350 with a Ford reman'd 5.4 engine---my E250 same motor is pretty much exactly the same as the '05 relating to the oil cooler and coolant hoses in and out. Because I DIY oil changes the hoses cause all sorts of issues with a clean no-spill removal of the oil filter. I've tried a lot of different ways to not make a mess but its difficult doing this laying under the truck in the driveway.

Here's the OEM cooler Ford P/N:2C2Z-6A642-CC

My 2000 E250 w/5.4 motor has a different configured oil cooler, Ford P/N:: F7UZ-6A642-EA

Does anyone see any reason I can't replace the '05 oil cooler with the '00 version? The earlier one allows me to DIY these oil changes pretty much mess free mostly due the lack of hose interference. Same size motors so this should work----or am I missing something obvious?

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.