Notices
1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1979 Bronco rear wheel well liner options

Old 01-30-2019, 08:38 PM
RalphXL
Senior User
RalphXL is starting off with a positive reputation.
1979 Bronco rear wheel well liner options

The rear wheel well liners, wheelhouse panels, what ever you want to call them need to be replaced on my '79 bronco. I can get the reproductions that are available, but I don't like how they don't really cover that much and are likely to collect crap on top of them and rust out again. Are there better options? Anyone make their own? I've looked around on the forums, seems some people have cut holes out above the wheel well in order to hose out the debris from above. Anyone try that? Doesn't seem that practical on a bronco. maybe a pick-up.

The repo's are about $70 each, I don't want to waste money, factory correct isn't important to me. Thanks.

Jess

Old 01-30-2019, 11:35 PM
1985 Bronco
Posting Guru
1985 Bronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Are you talking about these? Trucks and broncos use the same ones. I drilled 2 inch holes in mine. This picture has 1 inch holes I think. If you don't want to put them in, I think you would be okay with just some plastic liners on the sides.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:21 PM
RalphXL
Senior User
RalphXL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yup, those are the pieces. I was thinking of holes in the bed side, to spray down and be able to see if junk was collecting between the wheelhouse panel and the quarter panel. Maybe I didn't read the posts correctly.

Jess

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.