2021+ Bronco Discussion for the upcoming 2021 Ford Bronco!

Way to long of wait for the Bronco!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 10:58 AM
hd4ever
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Way to long of wait for the Bronco!

This wait is getting way to long for me. It is almost turning me off! With all the hype and all the speculation.
I truly want a competitor to the Wrangler. I think Ford could build a Bronco that would walk circles around the Wrangler. With all the goodies on it like removable top and doors like the Wrangler. After market support with upgrades ect.

But what is the market base of the off road enthusiast? What % do off roader consist of?
The Jeep has after market kits to go from mild to way wild!

If this Bronco cam out with a Raptor foundation what a great start. But than I'm sure it will be based on the biggest marketed group? Who is the group anyways?

It really seams as if the next 5 years is really going to give everybody some really cool choices to drive. Let the wars continue it is only better for us all.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:26 PM
PrescottIce
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It really isn't that long of a wait - if I recall correctly, it was late 2017 when they announced they were bringing it back. Three years for development of a new product isn't really a very long horizon, particularly for something as complex as an automobile.

Nobody has any control over what the aftermarket response will be. If they build a good enough truck, it won't need a lot. While there's plenty of customization for the sheer fun of being different, many aftermarket parts are designed to fix a shortcoming of the OEM parts they replace. Aftermarket support will come from customer demands and units sold... If they don't sell enough Broncos, you'll never see rock rails or HD bumpers.

There has been very little in the way of "hype" on Ford's part. If you want to blame someone for "hype and speculation", blame the Internet.

I do agree on one point, though - now is a great time to be alive. Diesel half-ton pickups, tons of craft breweries, everybody and their brother making Bourbon... and a new Bronco in the works.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:58 PM
ovenrat
Cross-Country
I can wait, with my knees Jeep's are out of the question getting in and out …..my 08' F 150 4X4 only has 73K so I'm good for a while

Old 03-22-2019, 05:30 PM
Watson300
Freshman User
2021 Bronco

The Ford website now has the Bronco as a 2021 model that will be available in 2020. So it looks like another year still.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:53 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, that was expected. This year is flying by as they all seem to do quicker and quicker the older I get. So, that means in no time I will be ordering my Bronco baby!

Old 03-22-2019, 08:33 PM
hd4ever
Senior User
At least they are not rushing it if they need more time. So hopefully they are going to knock it out of the park. Than kick the **** out of the Wrangler.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:05 PM
SDDL-UP
Laughing Gas
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Depends on what they come up with! If it's like the Chevy Blazer, ten minutes is too long of a wait! If it's a true Wrangler competitor with a top that comes off - I will wait until they get it right.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:02 AM
Dentside
Mountain Pass
Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by SDDL-UP
Depends on what they come up with! If it's like the Chevy Blazer, ten minutes is too long of a wait! If it's a true Wrangler competitor with a top that comes off - I will wait until they get it right.
It's going to be somewhere in between. No solid axles but maybe a manual trans and removeable panels. It had better be a massive leap above the blazer in terms of capability if they want any measure of success. I have no faith after seeing the mule.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:22 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Dentside, what mule? I haven't heard mention of any test mules yet? Also everything that I seen on Ford's website states 2020 for the Bronco. I saw nothing that stated it was pushed back to 2021. But I also saw a couple of videos on youtube (so take that for what it's worth) where the press review companies are spreading rumors that the current CEO of Ford has nixed the vehicle. I for one hope they haven't done so. But it would be nice to get some sort of update about the truck.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:53 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ford.com future vehicles now says 2021 Bronco available 2020.

Ford.ca has not been updated yet.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:00 PM
PrescottIce
Elder User
Originally Posted by paredneck33
Dentside, what mule? I haven't heard mention of any test mules yet? Also everything that I seen on Ford's website states 2020 for the Bronco. I saw nothing that stated it was pushed back to 2021. But I also saw a couple of videos on youtube (so take that for what it's worth) where the press review companies are spreading rumors that the current CEO of Ford has nixed the vehicle. I for one hope they haven't done so. But it would be nice to get some sort of update about the truck.
The suspected mule has been all over the Internet. Here's a (faulty) summary:

It hasn't been "pushed back to 2021", the Bronco never was advertised as a 2020 model. "Coming in 2020" doesn't imply a 2020 model year released in 2019, no matter how much we wish it so. While it was once expected to be an October 2020 availability, production delays have set it back to December - making it a real 2021 model year AND release for a change.

Minute 21 starts the discussion on the Bronco.

Please give us a link to the youtube stuff with said rumors - interested in that.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:10 AM
ovenrat
Cross-Country
Old 03-25-2019, 02:50 PM
PrescottIce
Elder User
As always, the comments are hilarious. It's amazing to me that some of these people possess the mental acuity to wipe their bottoms. Every time I scroll down into the comments on a news site - any news site - I feel like my IQ goes down a point. I gotta cut that out.

Old 03-25-2019, 06:12 PM
Stampede.Offroad
Senior User
Exclamation

Originally Posted by hd4ever
This wait is getting way to long for me. ...
Get ready to wait some more. Q3 2020 is about as early as you're likely to see a Bronco -- which will apparently be timed to come out at least 3 months after the "baby bronco" we still don't have a proper name for. The description of the body work sounds reassuring, hopefully the same can be said for the drive train.

https://www.autonews.com/sales/deale...onco-prototype
Originally Posted by Automotive News
... Ford used a gathering of its top-selling dealers last month in Palm Beach, Fla., to take the wraps off a prototype and to divulge plans for a "family" of rugged off-road vehicles, which sources told Automotive News will eventually include a small unibody pickup.

... Dealers, after relinquishing their phones, were shown an early build of a two-door Bronco and told that a four-door version also would be offered, according to multiple sources in the room. The Bronco is designed to be customizable, with a removable hard top and removable doors that can be stored in the vehicle's cargo area, the sources said. The side mirrors will be attached to the front pillars so they remain in place when the doors are taken off, unlike the Jeep Wrangler — one of the chief rivals Ford is targeting with its Bronco revival.

Those in the room said the SUV has a retro design, featuring a rectangular grille, round headlights and the word "Bronco" stamped across the front.

...Dealers were told the Bronco would be available in late 2020, as soon as three months after the Baby Bronco.

Old 03-26-2019, 02:44 PM
PrescottIce
Elder User
No V8 availability hurts, but isn't totally unexpected particularly in a first-year platform. Knowing which V6 option we'll have would be nice, and there's the entire front axle discussion... some will be assuaged by the revelation of a manual transmission availability.

21 months out, and we now have some more info. Should start seeing boxy shapes under heavy camo in the near future, and some teasers from official sources (whether they appear as such or not) around the middle of the year. A full reveal could be as early as late summer/early fall.

And... I really wish people would stop saying the Bronco is being built on the Ranger platform - exatly the opposite is true if you consider which one is hitting the streets first. At best, they are going to share frames by design from the start.

Quick Reply: Way to long of wait for the Bronco!