It Has Arrived, Final Prep Time - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

It Has Arrived, Final Prep Time

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 01-18-2019, 02:06 PM
JlaneAK
Junior User
JlaneAK is starting off with a positive reputation.

My 2019 F-350 King Ranch CCSB has arrived at the dealership. Now I am getting everything in line for the delivery.
So MSRP is 79,500.
A Plan is 71819.04.
There was a 1,500 rebate when I ordered it. My Wife also just finished a college course a few months ago. So should qualify for the College Student Rebate.
So my estimates are 2,000 in rebates. Bringing it down to 69819.04

I am approved through a local Credit Union for 3.49-3.99% depending on time 60-84 months. Ford appears to be offering 500 if we finance through them. Should I finance through ford, then just payoff a couple days later with the Credit Union?

I know in the past there was the EAA rebate, PCO(Mine expired on Jan 2). Is there anything else out there that could help me get this lower?

Old 01-18-2019, 02:10 PM
jameslecount
Freshman User
jameslecount is starting off with a positive reputation.
Congrats you must be excited I would be! Thatís a great offer thru your credit union fords best is 4.9 I believe for 60 months my credit union couldnít beat it because I bought an f-350 which added 1% to the interest rate for some reason Iíd go thru your credit union

Old 01-18-2019, 02:13 PM
Joe T
Elder User
Joe T is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you ordered while the PCO was active they should have applied it

Old 01-18-2019, 02:39 PM
JlaneAK
Junior User
Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
If you ordered while the PCO was active they should have applied it
Hmm. I still have the brochure with the offer on my desk. Would they honor that? And I forget off the top of my head can you use PCO on A Plan? It is only a $500 PCO so not massive but would be nice.

Old 01-18-2019, 02:46 PM
Joe T
Elder User
Bring it with you and ask.

Iíd do the credit union financing.

Nice truck, cant wait till my order comes in!

Old 01-18-2019, 02:58 PM
hindy
Senior User
hindy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by JlaneAK View Post
Hmm. I still have the brochure with the offer on my desk. Would they honor that? And I forget off the top of my head can you use PCO on A Plan? It is only a $500 PCO so not massive but would be nice.
I've asked this question before on this site. Not valid with A or Z plan. Doesn't hurt to ask anyway though .

Old 01-18-2019, 02:59 PM
JlaneAK
Junior User
Originally Posted by hindy View Post
I've asked this question before on this site. Not valid with A or Z plan. Doesn't hurt to ask anyway though .
Appreciate it. I will atleast bring it and see what they say.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:14 PM
catrasca
Senior User
catrasca is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do Ford Financing and then when you get the first invoice, register online and get a payoff letter. Take that to your credit union and refinance. That way you get the FFS rebate ($500).

FFS offered me 8.7% for 60 months and a $500 rebate. I refinanced with my credit union at 2.95% for 60 months and never made a single payment to Ford.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:33 PM
Flyct
Elder User
Flyct is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by catrasca View Post
Do Ford Financing and then when you get the first invoice, register online and get a payoff letter. Take that to your credit union and refinance. That way you get the FFS rebate ($500).

FFS offered me 8.7% for 60 months and a $500 rebate. I refinanced with my credit union at 2.95% for 60 months and never made a single payment to Ford.
You donít need to wait for first invoice. Just wait about one week after purchase and call Ford Motir Credit for the loan to populate their system. They will search by either your Vin or name and find the loan details. Ask them for a ď10 day Payoff LetterĒ either emailed or faxed to you. Get that letter immediately to your credit union and they will do the rest.

Iíve done this several times with FMC.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:51 PM
JlaneAK
Junior User
Originally Posted by catrasca View Post

Wish my Credit Union did 2.95% but with the last few interest rate increases it slowly went up. Honestly I am thinking about doing the 3.99% for 84 months, as I would much rather invest the money than gain .5% to shorten it two years.

Old 01-18-2019, 04:04 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.
Should I finance through ford, then just payoff a couple days later with the Credit Union?
That's what I did. If you're in Fairbanks, Seekins didn't even blink an eye. They just requested a few days to make sure everything finalized. Just check if your credit union would tack on a re-fi fee. Mine tried to but I talked it down to make it worthwhile. Congrats on the truck - looks like a beaut!

Old 01-18-2019, 04:52 PM
Joe T
Elder User
Your first payment on an amortization table is basically interest. There is more interest up front. Youíll have one payment right?

Old 01-18-2019, 04:57 PM
JlaneAK
Junior User
Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
Your first payment on an amortization table is basically interest. There is more interest up front. Youíll have one payment right?
I was not planning on even having one payment. Just wait a few days for the system to get the loan. Then pay it off. Say 1-2 weeks Max.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:11 PM
Joe T
Elder User
Yeah but if 2 weeks plus 10 days... probably isnít worth it unless substantial discount.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:15 PM
catrasca
Senior User
catrasca is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wish my Credit Union did 2.95% but with the last few interest rate increases it slowly went up. Honestly I am thinking about doing the 3.99% for 84 months, as I would much rather invest the money than gain .5% to shorten it two years.
The difference in total payments will be approximately $4,000 between 60 @ 3.49% and 84 @ 3.99% but your monthly will be approximately $300 less (assuring 75K financed). If youíll invest the $300 youíll come out ahead, if you spend it on all those mods that youíll find on FTE you wonít 😂

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.