Beamtech LED bulbs - reliability? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Beamtech LED bulbs - reliability?

Old 01-15-2019, 12:54 PM
RenoHuskerDu
Elder User
RenoHuskerDu is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Beamtech LED bulbs - reliability?

I've installed 4 pairs of Beamtech 2007 bulbs in our Fords. One has begun to flicker. Of the negative comments on Amazon, many mention flickering.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon is out of stock on the 9007 Beamtech, so I can't order another pair right now. I'm trying a pair of Lasfit 9007 LED bulbs on the recommendation of horsecop . I'll keep y'all posted on reliability.
https://smile.amazon.com/stores/node...eb_14226404011

Have any of the rest of you had failures with Beamtech LED bulbs? Only the fan-less model fits in Fords due to that big ring that holds the bulb in the lamp. Heat buildup might be an issue...

Old 01-16-2019, 10:59 AM
RenoHuskerDu
Elder User
We're having cold weather here in TX. Probably not as cold as y'all in the midwest, but cold to us. I drove the truck that was flickering for an hour last night, no flickering seen.

I'd bet that it's heat related. Big old 7.3, tuned, with big fuel etc, generates some heat under the hood.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:12 PM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
jonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to behold
I installed a pair of the 9008 bulbs in my truck last week and all has been good, but then that should be expected considering the little time that they have been on.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:27 PM
RenoHuskerDu
Elder User
This was the second vehicle I tried them in, about 3 weeks ago now. The first was my daughter's CVPI but there's a lot less heat there than from a 7.3 psd. Hers are not flickering so far, about a month now.

I guess we'll see over time. I did promise the guys here that I'd report on reliability. The price is quite low and the really thin design of the Beamtech makes for good light output on the road.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:52 PM
DieselBeast01
Posting Guru
DieselBeast01 has a good reputation on FTE.DieselBeast01 has a good reputation on FTE.
From what I have been seeing on this forum, everyone seems to be very happy with the beamtechs. As bad as the headlights are on these trucks, I am going to have to aquire myself a set before too long.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.