Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 ford Excursion XLT 7.3l

Old 01-12-2019, 03:13 PM
big_mike_white
New User
big_mike_white is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question 2000 ford Excursion XLT 7.3l

I haven't been able to find a thread on this yet. I am buying a 2000 For Excursion XLT with the 7.3 powerstroke and wanted to convert the front seats to the 40\20\40 bench. I have seen a few center console seats but have had a hard time finding a factory split bench. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if they have what did they do with the heat control that was on the back of the center console? most center console seats I have seen do not have a space for the controls on the back of it, thanks in advance.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:54 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to the FTE!

I may be completely wrong about this, but I have never heard of a "bench" seat option in the Excursion. I thought they all came with the separate driver and passenger seats up front and folks that needed a 3rd seat, replaced the center console with a seat from the Super Duty.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:35 PM
01__Excursion
Senior User
01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.
There was the Excursion with the center jump seat, and the full bench with rubber mats, XL, XLS? trim, for fleet sales.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:47 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
I think that the 40/20/40 front seat is the best that you will find for making a front bench for your EX.
The controls on the rear of the console are for the stereo and can be easily done away with, the rear HVAC controls are mounted to the headliner.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:13 PM
big_mike_white
New User
big_mike_white is starting off with a positive reputation.
I realize now the only bench type seat they had was the 40/20/40. I was wondering as well if a 60/40 bench from an f250 would bolt in as that is all I can seem to find. The radio control would hopefully be able to be unhooked as we never use it anyways but I wasn't sure if that would affect anything

Old 01-12-2019, 09:22 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 01__Excursion View Post
There was the Excursion with the center jump seal, and the full bench with rubber mats, XL, XLS? trim, for fleet sales.
I learn something new about the Ex everyday

Old 01-13-2019, 08:23 AM
01__Excursion
Senior User
01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.
Corrected my post, seal = seat...

Old 01-13-2019, 08:25 AM
01__Excursion
Senior User
Originally Posted by big_mike_white View Post
I realize now the only bench type seat they had was the 40/20/40. I was wondering as well if a 60/40 bench from an f250 would bolt in as that is all I can seem to find. The radio control would hopefully be able to be unhooked as we never use it anyways but I wasn't sure if that would affect anything
The rear radio controls, when removed will most likely prevent sound from your rear speakers. I've never experienced the OE system, my X came with an aftermarket double din head unit, and amps, but the rear controller had to be left in place for things to work. You would have to reference a schematic to understand the impact.

See PDF

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Radio.pdf (752.7 KB, 2 views)

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.