Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

2019 Annual B.S. Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 05:06 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,619 Likes on 1,446 Posts
I guess I don't get it. How do you tag people again? It doesn't look like it works when I did it.

Not that it matters, it seems as though there are only 4 or 5 of us that check in here anyway!

Old 03-29-2019, 05:43 PM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It only works for me about 75% of the time. You just start with @ and then start typing the user’s name. You should get a pop-up window list of names that match the text you’ve typed.

Glad to hear you’re getting back up and running. Excited to see the new green house!

Old 03-29-2019, 06:16 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by onug

@EDC8008 You’ve got aviation motors up there? What does all of that do?
@onug Check this video out. The shop does most of there work on engine for power generation with a few going to live aircraft.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:37 PM
onug
Postmaster
Ahhh, power generation...interesting. That’s pretty cool.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:35 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
It only works for me about 75% of the time. You just start with @ and then start typing the user’s name. You should get a pop-up window list of names that match the text you’ve typed.

Glad to hear you’re getting back up and running. Excited to see the new green house!
I bet it works on the computer, I've been using the phone app most the time!

Old 03-29-2019, 11:40 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Originally Posted by EDC8008

Suction Pipe and the Pignone Compressor I'm putting in up here in Alberta Canada

GE LM2500 + Generation 4, variation of the CF6 Aviation engine, 30,000 horsepower.

What I've been doing for the month so far.
Some pretty cool stuff! Is it getting any warmer up there yet?

Old 03-30-2019, 12:07 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Tim Young
I bet it works on the computer, I've been using the phone app most the time!
Sometimes. In some cases you have to type the full name and in others you can find the name in the drop-down menu.

Old 03-30-2019, 04:05 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
@onug grill upgrade looks awesome, keeping the bumper chrome? I would.

@EDC get your truck sorted out?

Old 03-30-2019, 05:50 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
@Bently_Coop Your up early! I must have over worked my knee I little yesterday as I haven't been able to sleep sense 0300.

I'm on the web version on my phone and the tagging works!

Old 03-30-2019, 10:27 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
@Bently_Coop Your up early! I must have over worked my knee I little yesterday as I haven't been able to sleep sense 0300.

I'm on the web version on my phone and the tagging works!
I was up late.

If you guys are into drinking beer check out the Natural Light Naturdays. It's decent.

Old 03-30-2019, 11:44 AM
onug
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
@onug grill upgrade looks awesome, keeping the bumper chrome? I would.
I haven’t decided yet. My goal is to remove the chrome from the entire truck, but I am liking the new grill much better than I expected. The big chrome grill I removed drove me nuts and now everything seems more balanced. I’ll probably leave everything as-is for now. There’s no point in doing anything to the bumpers until I can also address the chrome wheels, and that’s a few years off.

Well, my weekend is pretty much shot. The kids are on the mend, but still low energy. The wife is hitting the worst part of this flu today. She’s sound asleep now in the bedroom with all the lights on and the TV going. Not that I need an excuse to not do a long list of chores around the house, but they’re all things that need my undivided attention. Electrical, painting, etc. So I guess I’ll just putter around in between meals and other requests for the family. Have some ribs going on the smoker this afternoon, so at least that will be fun.

I did get up early and make a 30 minute trip south just for donuts...The maple and chocolate bars are amazing, the rest is only average...

Old 03-30-2019, 01:07 PM
EDC8008
Fleet Mechanic
Received 373 Likes on 136 Posts
@Tim Young Welcome back...I hope you were not out sick...

@EDC8008 You’ve got aviation motors up there? What does all of that do?

My son and I just got some good bonding time over the front grill. It was nice to hang on with him, especially since he’s on the mend now.

Step one of removing the chrome is complete...
These engines were first modified for the Land & Marine use in the 1960s and where I started working on them was in the navy for main propulsion. Original specification for these was 21,500 BHP and the current +Generation 4 is rated at 47,370 SHP.

We are using the Gas Generator section off the CF6 for the main core of the engine. Then we have a 2 stage high speed power turbine (5000 RPM) built by Novo Pignone/Baker Hughes/GE Oil & Gas, driving the compressor. For electricity we use the original power turbine which does good at 3600 RPM for driving a 60 Hz generator. The combustors are heavily modified so we can tune the emissions. That can be interesting in itself depending on what the gas is like.

The compressor you see at the end of the pipe in the 3rd and 4th pictures is rated at 1377 CFM at 1100 PSI, 48" suction and 44" discharge. Just a little thing

Old 03-30-2019, 01:32 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
I haven’t decided yet. My goal is to remove the chrome from the entire truck, but I am liking the new grill much better than I expected. The big chrome grill I removed drove me nuts and now everything seems more balanced. I’ll probably leave everything as-is for now. There’s no point in doing anything to the bumpers until I can also address the chrome wheels, and that’s a few years off.

Well, my weekend is pretty much shot. The kids are on the mend, but still low energy. The wife is hitting the worst part of this flu today. She’s sound asleep now in the bedroom with all the lights on and the TV going. Not that I need an excuse to not do a long list of chores around the house, but they’re all things that need my undivided attention. Electrical, painting, etc. So I guess I’ll just putter around in between meals and other requests for the family. Have some ribs going on the smoker this afternoon, so at least that will be fun.

I did get up early and make a 30 minute trip south just for donuts...The maple and chocolate bars are amazing, the rest is only average...
Step away from the fritter.

Have you though about trying Plasti Dip® spray to see how it would look?

Old 03-30-2019, 05:07 PM
6leaker
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I don't get it. How do you tag people again? It doesn't look like it works when I did it.

Not that it matters, it seems as though there are only 4 or 5 of us that check in here anyway!
Seems like it doesn't work for a few people, I'm on the computer and it works when I do it.

I read everything every day, I just haven't posted in forever lol. Seems like I wake up, read the posts, then go on with my day and I might read the posts again before I go to bed.

Old 03-30-2019, 06:10 PM
onug
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Yahiko
Step away from the fritter.

Have you though about trying Plasti Dip® spray to see how it would look?
I might go that route to check it out. Hitting my front bumper with some black would be an interesting experiment and very easy. Prob better trying that first than just handing the truck over to the local Line-X dealership....

Originally Posted by 6leaker
Seems like it doesn't work for a few people, I'm on the computer and it works when I do it.

I read everything every day, I just haven't posted in forever lol. Seems like I wake up, read the posts, then go on with my day and I might read the posts again before I go to bed.
I do that to a lot actually....been more active the past few days because I’m home with the family and in need of outside stimulation.

Quick Reply: 2019 Annual B.S. Thread!