2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
View Poll Results: What issues have you experienced with your 2017+ Super Duty?
Death wobble
17.58%
Electrical connectors (near spare tire) becoming corroded
9.89%
Door latches freezing
25.27%
Leaking batteries
35.71%
Sync 3 not remembering last audio setting / FordPass not working
35.71%
Offset cab / warping dashboard
7.14%
Corroded wheels on dually
8.24%
Fuel pump issues / DEF system issue
6.04%
Tailgate opening on its own
13.74%
Leaking moonroof
6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Report Your Issues With Your Super Duty

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 10:31 AM
sc954rr
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zero issues so far

Old 12-20-2018, 10:34 AM
D3thM3tal
Tuned
Zero issues on my `19.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:35 AM
h20camper
Logistics Pro
Received 273 Likes on 188 Posts
Originally Posted by PentaPop
I think you should combine a couple more of your options and then that would make space for “No Problems” option. That’s the option I’d choose.....
^ Agree.

No problems with either of my trucks in signature.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:47 AM
Crabbman P
More Turbo
Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
Perhaps there should be two polls, one with mechanical issues such as death wobble, door latches, fuel pump etc, the other with tech or luxury issues such as sync, Fordpass, moonroof etc. Each poll should have a "No issues" choice as well. The problem is many members have brand new or close to new rigs, so little chance for problems to develop yet. I would like to see some reports like " I have 100k miles on my truck and no issues ". Reports like that may go a long way in calming some of the hysteria about the issues lol.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:53 AM
Ande
Senior User
My 2019 F250 6.2 gas motor started making bad engine noise from passenger side on the way home from dealer with 20 miles on it

Old 12-20-2018, 11:09 AM
T diesel
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Great poll!
This type of information will help me decide when it’s safe to replace my SUPER RELIABLE 2013!

Old 12-20-2018, 11:36 AM
Stocks557
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Door latch a few times, waiting to bring it in to have recall performed. Other than that been great for the 30k miles and years ahead of my 2012.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:38 AM
travlingman
Mountain Pass
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Put me in the no problems section.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:11 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
No issues here.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:11 PM
blueglide
Senior User
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by T diesel
Great poll!
This type of information will help me decide when it’s safe to replace my SUPER RELIABLE 2013!
Seriously? This poll while mildly interesting is completely useless statistically. I'm willing to bet the vast majority of the new SD trucks are trouble free. If there was a way for this poll to indicate percentagewise the number of trucks sold with real issues it would have some value in making purchasing decisions.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:24 PM
Redrockerstl55
Fleet Mechanic
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by blueglide
Seriously? This poll while mildly interesting is completely useless statistically. I'm willing to bet the vast majority of the new SD trucks are trouble free. If there was a way for this poll to indicate percentagewise the number of trucks sold with real issues it would have some value in making purchasing decisions.

Actually it can...just say you didn't have an issue in these comments and we can track that.

The polling options are not perfect on these forums. I wish there were 15 options and I wish there was a way for people to vote more than once if they own multiple 2017+ trucks with issues.

So it's not perfect for many reasons...but at least its something. We do get to see of the vehicles with issues where those are showing up the most amongst other info.

Thanks.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:28 PM
acadianbob
Cargo Master
Received 531 Likes on 300 Posts
No issues.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:29 PM
Redrockerstl55
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Crabbman P
Perhaps there should be two polls, one with mechanical issues such as death wobble, door latches, fuel pump etc, the other with tech or luxury issues such as sync, Fordpass, moonroof etc. Each poll should have a "No issues" choice as well. The problem is many members have brand new or close to new rigs, so little chance for problems to develop yet. I would like to see some reports like " I have 100k miles on my truck and no issues ". Reports like that may go a long way in calming some of the hysteria about the issues lol.
True Delta is a great website for this. I used to log my issues and miles and the data they collect is pretty amazing.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:39 PM
blueglide
Senior User
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Redrockerstl55
Actually it can...just say you didn't have an issue in these comments and we can track that.

The polling options are not perfect on these forums. I wish there were 15 options and I wish there was a way for people to vote more than once if they own multiple 2017+ trucks with issues.

So it's not perfect for many reasons...but at least its something. We do get to see of the vehicles with issues where those are showing up the most amongst other info.

Thanks.
The problem with these polls isn't that they don't have all the choices possible, it's the representative sample they present. They probably only get responses from a small number of forum members as well which can give the appearance of a widespread problem that is not experienced by most. The poll is interesting but I certainly wouldn't make my purchasing decisions based on it. I don't know if Ford could provide actual numbers for the type of issues you list from the total units sold. That would be interesting to see. I used to look at Consumer Reports reliability numbers for different vehicles when purchasing cars in the past.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Redrockerstl55
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by blueglide
The problem with these polls isn't that they don't have all the choices possible, it's the representative sample they present. They probably only get responses from a small number of forum members as well which can give the appearance of a widespread problem that is not experienced by most. The poll is interesting but I certainly wouldn't make my purchasing decisions based on it. I don't know if Ford could provide actual numbers for the type of issues you list from the total units sold. That would be interesting to see. I used to look at Consumer Reports reliability numbers for different vehicles when purchasing cars in the past.
I completely agree and I appreciate you comments. Sincerely.

Where there is some benefit to this is that the issues that the trucks that are owned by forum members do likely represent a similar percentage of trucks that are having these issues across the entire population of trucks for the same model years. Just because we are forum members does not mean we received better or worse trucks than the entire product of trucks since 2017.

Forum members may be more passionate about their trucks or may do lift kits more often or go to larger tires or just modify in general. While that may be true the problems with door latches or electrical connectors don't happen more or less often than the entire population of trucks.

So there is a bit of information gathering we can learn.

Thank you again.

Quick Reply: Report Your Issues With Your Super Duty