2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

What's it worth?...dilemma..what do I do!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 05:06 PM
EWeezY
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by xETERNALx
I drive through the lemon lot today to see wht is on it, true lemons for sure!! I could try it, no harm I guess.

We were actually stationed in Guam before (2008-2012). Yeah, it does get old. But this time is only 3 years. And I hate my current base/job, so I had to do something to get away. So we will make the best of it. Sure beats getting North Dakota or something!!

I AM STATIONED IN NORTH DAKOTA.........now wheres my crying emoji.....lol

Old 12-05-2018, 05:15 PM
xETERNALx
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EWeezY
I AM STATIONED IN NORTH DAKOTA.........now wheres my crying emoji.....lol
lol. There is no way i could do that. I would retire if my orders were to there! I HATE cold. Im at Seymour Johnson right now. Even that is to cold for me. We want to retire to Florida or Vegas (spent 3 years at Nellis).

Old 12-05-2018, 05:21 PM
EWeezY
Junior User
lol. There is no way i could do that. I would retire if my orders were to there! I HATE cold. Im at Seymour Johnson right now. Even that is to cold for me. We want to retire to Florida or Vegas (spent 3 years at Nellis).
Nice, I'm on my 15th yr. Trying to get to Utah..or Florida. Than retire in the hills of Tennessee! Been to way to many red flags to care for Vegas....

Old 12-05-2018, 05:28 PM
ford390gashog
Fleet Owner

Received 519 Likes on 398 Posts
Quick word of advice, don't take the truck to Guam. The fuel quality is junk and it's not ULSD and DEF doesn't exist. Not to mention there is limited dealer support and your new vehicle warranty doesn't apply. Last I was in Guam only dealership was Triple J and it was a ford dealer for the Asia Pacific and Africa region. Only active duty military that purchased vehicles through export are eligible for out of country warranty coverage.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:39 PM
briangp
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
That's a bummer man. I would definitely put it back up for sale, start with your base lot, then Craigslist. Usually your there's bulletin boards at your work in Outlook you can use.

You have a truck many want, and even though some may try to lowball you, you might still be better off eating a few bucks to sell it while it's still in good shape.

I wouldn't haul that thing to Guam. And I wouldn't let it sit until you have a climate controlled garage and you pull the batteries.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:51 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,693 Likes on 2,750 Posts
Originally Posted by ford390gashog
Quick word of advice, don't take the truck to Guam. The fuel quality is junk and it's not ULSD and DEF doesn't exist. Not to mention there is limited dealer support and your new vehicle warranty doesn't apply. Last I was in Guam only dealership was Triple J and it was a ford dealer for the Asia Pacific and Africa region. Only active duty military that purchased vehicles through export are eligible for out of country warranty coverage.
That right there would seal the deal for me. I was also going to say that driving a big truck in non-American roadways could be kind of stressful due to narrow roads. But that Armada isn't exactly a small vehicle either. (Great vehicle that Armada, I had a Titan for 10 years)

Any chance you have a family member you trust that could be the caretaker? If not, I would sell it for what you can get. Once it's gone, your stress level goes to zero, not to mention insurance.

Just an idea but I have a friend that is an auto broker. Whenever I want a specific vehicle I give him a call and he finds it for me. Used or new. Maybe someone like that is around your area that could find a buyer. At the very least, I would go to a CarMax place and the dealership to see what they'll give you. My dealership was kind of worthless. They drove my truck, looked it over and all they did was print out the KBB page listing what they would give. I ended up selling it privately for $2,100 more.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:02 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
A nationwide search on Autotrader shows 5 trucks listed under $58,000 with under 15K miles. A total of 57 are listed. Mostly dealers on there, but if you have time to sell, I think you can get most of that back. Put it up on there at 58 and see what happens. Write a nice ad with as many pictures as you are allowed. Mention why you are selling, and I bet it will go.

My son is 11 yrs in the Air Force, he just got sent to England last spring. I understand your dilemma, thanks for putting up with it on our behalf.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:23 PM
xETERNALx
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EWeezY
Nice, I'm on my 15th yr. Trying to get to Utah..or Florida. Than retire in the hills of Tennessee! Been to way to many red flags to care for Vegas....
I loved Vegas! Love the heat. I would love to retire in Florida, actually just got back from Tyndall recovery.

Originally Posted by ford390gashog
We lived there 4 years, this was a concern of mine as well.

Originally Posted by HRTKD
That right there would seal the deal for me. I was also going to say that driving a big truck in non-American roadways could be kind of stressful due to narrow roads. But that Armada isn't exactly a small vehicle either. (Great vehicle that Armada, I had a Titan for 10 years)

Any chance you have a family member you trust that could be the caretaker? If not, I would sell it for what you can get. Once it's gone, your stress level goes to zero, not to mention insurance.

Just an idea but I have a friend that is an auto broker. Whenever I want a specific vehicle I give him a call and he finds it for me. Used or new. Maybe someone like that is around your area that could find a buyer. At the very least, I would go to a CarMax place and the dealership to see what they'll give you. My dealership was kind of worthless. They drove my truck, looked it over and all they did was print out the KBB page listing what they would give. I ended up selling it privately for $2,100 more.
The roads arent to narrow, but they are pot hole ridden!! We love the Armada. I have always been a sports car guy. Bunch of imports, BMWs, and the such. We got the Armada a year and a half ago after moving back from Korea. I actually enjoyed driving it until I picked up my BMW. And then my truck. I will lookf or a broker, not really sure even how to look for that.

Originally Posted by ExxWhy
A nationwide search on Autotrader shows 5 trucks listed under $58,000 with under 15K miles. A total of 57 are listed. Mostly dealers on there, but if you have time to sell, I think you can get most of that back. Put it up on there at 58 and see what happens. Write a nice ad with as many pictures as you are allowed. Mention why you are selling, and I bet it will go.

My son is 11 yrs in the Air Force, he just got sent to England last spring. I understand your dilemma, thanks for putting up with it on our behalf.
Wow, I wasn't expecting prices that high. Hmmmm. I guess I could put it up now. The Armada can pull our Camper (have to sell that as well and its only 1.5 years old).

Our options were England or Guam. I put England as #1, Guam #2. Would rather have England. Lived in germany and Italy already. I will say, its an ok dilemma to have. We love traveling.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:43 PM
HMinus
Freshman User
Not sure what your timeline is for the PCS, but I would definitely attempt to sell it. You may want to consider the POV resale lot on Bragg. Significantly bigger market/population than Seymour Johnson. Have you considered giving a family member or friend a specified POA in order to sell the truck if you are unable to get the price you want prior to the move?

Old 12-06-2018, 06:38 AM
Adam R
More Turbo
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts
Ohh, I forgot to add. Diesel is currently $4.98 a gallon there.
You do realize that Guam is really, I mean really, a small island....like 10 x 20 miles. The cost of fuel is pretty irrelevant if you can't drive very far. A full tank of fuel could last you weeks, if not a month or more.

Personally, I'd sell the truck and not bother with taking it Guam. Get a Guam hooptie and sell that vehicle to the next family that PCS's in. Buy a new truck when you get back.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:52 AM
h20camper
Logistics Pro
Received 273 Likes on 188 Posts
Thank you for your Service!!! I'd sell it and invest the funds or as Jim suggested, if you possibly have a friend or family member that you could leave it with (garaged) who would care for it properly.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:11 AM
lawdogg149
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank u for your service!

I just traded in close to the same speced truck only got $49,700. I had 34,000 miles though and needed a new tailgate due to damage. Hope that helps with value searching. Surely its a $54k truck

Old 12-06-2018, 08:17 AM
Angry Tomato
Junior User
Try Carvana. My recent experience was that Cramax offered me $4500k, dealer offered me $5800 and Carvana gave me $7000.

Thanks for your service.

Im English and I would have definitely opted for Guam if I had a choice!

Old 12-06-2018, 08:42 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,693 Likes on 2,750 Posts
You're going to Guam? I'm thinking that a Superduty might push that island to the "tipping point". You really need to be more responsible with this.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hank-jo...arine-buildup/

Old 12-06-2018, 09:05 AM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Received 582 Likes on 385 Posts
Sell it. Check out multiple dealers for offers. Last month I traded in my 2017 F350 CCSB Lariat Value pkg and git $54,002. It had 19,000 miles on it and original MSRP was $66,000. They sold it for $57,500 plus fees.

I hate cold weather myself. My last base before getting iout was Griffins AFB in Rome NY, a SAC base. When I got out I packed up the car and uhaul trailer and drove south. I didn’t stop until I got to Fort Lauderdale FL. That was in 1970 and lived in Florida ever since.

Wife worked as a civilian RN at the Base hospital while we were at Griffins. We have fond memories from our AF days.

Quick Reply: What's it worth?...dilemma..what do I do!!