Lithium RV battery need help - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Lithium RV battery need help

Old 11-25-2018, 11:53 AM
Rockinfigs
Senior User
Rockinfigs is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lithium RV battery need help

I just purchased a 2020 attitude 3218mm toy hauler.. it comes w one 100amp lithium battery..the sales guy told me one lithium battery is like running two 6 volts...there is an option to add one more 100amp lithium battery and i want it but was wondering if it will be overkill for what I do....I don't full time..I go beach and desert camping about 6-8times a yr at about 4-5day avg.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:25 PM
rdinmv
Senior User
rdinmv is starting off with a positive reputation.
That is quite a battery to come stock, yes you can run two in parallel, i'm actually looking into adding a 2nd aux bank of 2 Lion batts my self as I now have a residential fridge in mine just for extra capacity. What brand did they put in your trailer? they are expensive but in my mind worth it because of the amount of times you can charge them and you can run them down almost all the way without damage.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:03 PM
Rockinfigs
Senior User
Rockinfigs is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by rdinmv View Post
That is quite a battery to come stock, yes you can run two in parallel, i'm actually looking into adding a 2nd aux bank of 2 Lion batts my self as I now have a residential fridge in mine just for extra capacity. What brand did they put in your trailer? they are expensive but in my mind worth it because of the amount of times you can charge them and you can run them down almost all the way without damage.
Yeah its new for the attitude toy hauler line for 2020..I comes with one 100 amp lithium and one 210 watt solar panel. To be honest i have no idea what brand..but i had an option to get a 2nd batt for $1000 but passed on it..maybe il add it later after few camping trips and discover i need it.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:11 PM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud of
I upgraded mine to 3 of the battle born 100ah batteries. When I did it my local battery distributor gave me a promo and I paid 599.99 each. They are still new so check around for a deal.

Old 12-06-2018, 06:34 AM
scraprat
Postmaster
scraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant future
Look and see which manufacturer of dropin lfp battery you have. What charger do you have? What is the pt controller set at to charge your battery? Can you disconnect the solar while it's stored? Can you read the soc of the battery, or does it have a bluetooth to see it on your phone?
LFP batteries should not sit at 100% (float) when not in use it for long periods, they are happiest at 40-50% soc, the day before you go charge it. Depending on the charger size it will take no time at all. LFP is the cats meow once you understand them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.