available vs. special order - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

available vs. special order

Old 11-16-2018, 09:22 PM
texrdnec
Senior User
texrdnec is starting off with a positive reputation.
available vs. special order

it's fairly impressive to me that there are 0 matches for what i'm looking for and i have to special order

it's been a good while since i've done probability math but it's not exactly mega millions odds. even told the guy i didn't have a problem with fx4 instead of just 4wd with skid plates.

so, does everyone universally hate magma red or is the salesman just blowing smoke up my *** about nothing even close to matching within 900 miles of 78387? something else oddball?
f350
crew cab
6 3/4
srw
lariat
magma red
4x4
3.55 electric locking
lariat value package
20-inch Bright Machined Cast Aluminum wheels with Magnetic-Painted Pockets, Bright Hub Cover and Center Ornament (SRW)
alternator dual heavy duty
spray in bedliner
skid plates
tailgate step
6" extended running boards
black leather
garage door opener
upfitter switches
navigation system

Old 11-16-2018, 09:39 PM
SixtyPilot
New User
SixtyPilot is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cast wheels, Bed liner and most importantly the extended steps are probably your major limiting factors.

I cant find mine either. I searched gray lariat with adaptive cruise and found 1 that was within 1000mi.

order away. Get exactly what you want.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:46 PM
PentaPop
Senior User
PentaPop is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You’ve got some less common options. Put them on the same truck and I’m not surprised. I wanted the extended boards. When I combined that with the long box it became impossible to find so I ended up ordering. Took a while but the nice thing is, I got exactly what I wanted and saved some money vs paying for extra stuff I didn’t want/need.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:12 PM
texrdnec
Senior User
texrdnec is starting off with a positive reputation.
some options i just don't understand not being more common. #1 is the camper option, overload springs and a sway bar for 250s for $160, what's not to love? #2 extended running boards. i'm still young enough to jump up on my tire but why when you don't have to?

also, is there a place where we can search 1000 miles or are we at the mercy of dealers to do so?

Old 11-16-2018, 10:23 PM
Pjames
Junior User
Pjames is starting off with a positive reputation.
I never understood why the camper package was so rare Either, its even available in plow/camper combo. Who the hell places the orders for dealers anyway, seems they could sell much more off the lot by just checking a few different boxes

Old 11-16-2018, 11:21 PM
SixtyPilot
New User
SixtyPilot is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mostly at the mercy of dealers. I did find on the ford inventory site, It allows you to search up to 200 miles, but if you Change the 200 in the url to 500, it will actually return results up to 500 mi away. The thing that sucks is that the search has very limited parameters and you have to go truck by truck looking at window stickers. I was looking for a heavily optioned lariat with adaptive so I set the minimum price to $73k and only selected lariat trim. It returns very few results.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:34 PM
Flyct
Elder User
Flyct is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had almost that exact truck (2017 in Magnetic)with options except I had 18” wheels and didn’t have the garage door opener. I bought it off the lot. It didn’t have the extended running boards but I had the dealer install them as part of the deal.

Spray in bed liner in LineX, garage door opener and exrptended running boards can be done on any truck locally.

Magna Red is a unique color and while it looks good when clean resale could be a problem.

Old 11-17-2018, 01:38 PM
Pjames
Junior User
Pjames is starting off with a positive reputation.
The other option Iíve yet to see on a lot is 4.30 gears, just donít get with them being so popular

Old 11-17-2018, 01:44 PM
Flyct
Elder User
Flyct is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Pjames View Post
The other option Iíve yet to see on a lot is 4.30 gears, just donít get with them being so popular
It must be a local issue. Here at Brandon Ford almost every 6.2L gas Superduty on their Lot has a 4.30 rear.

https://www.brandonford.com/new-ford...trim,sf_engine

Old 11-17-2018, 02:48 PM
Jack4x
Junior User
Jack4x is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just trying to find long bed, LEDs, and 4.30 gears together was hard enough that I ended up ordering. Never more than 2-3 ever available at once it seems.

Cars.com and Autotrader let you search the whole country, I had more luck with those than the Ford tool, but you are still looking at individual window stickers to be sure on some of the options.

Old 11-18-2018, 02:37 AM
bldfrdblu
Senior User
bldfrdblu is starting off with a positive reputation.
You can always pick random zip codes 1k miles away but your eyes will be bleeding looking at window stickers. Nothing in Houston??? Your close I see.

Old 11-18-2018, 06:28 AM
Fortworth86
New User
Fortworth86 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Search new trucks on autotrader, thatís how I found mine

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.