1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

How to help Jimmy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 09:58 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FYI I tried calling Wells Fargo bank in San Francisco but they are closed for the Veterans Day holiday. I did some research and may have a contact to talk with there. I will try again tomorrow.
Hope Jimmy is still doing OK the news reports just keep getting worse for that area.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:17 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Agreed, these fires are brutally hellish.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:29 AM
pweng1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ReForder
I'd definitely be in. I believe Paypal would be the best way to do it to avoid any wire transfer fees, digging for personal bank information (which you need for a wire), and avoiding the skimming of GoFundMe. As long as he has his mobile device, he can access PayPal and transfer the funds directly to his bank account (provided he's already got a PayPal account). It takes about 3 days for funds to hit his bank account.

I'd rather do this directly to him vs. go through one of the charities that were setup, this way we know it goes directly to one of our own in need. I'm not averse to helping others in need (and will do so), but if we are looking to help Jimmy directly, this is probably the best way.
I am in agreement with all of this.Going straight to his paypal from his FTE family. Do we discuss an amount or a range we should kick in. Lets see maybe someone has his phone number and we can get this started. I dont know of anyone nicer on this forum.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:20 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
I'm waiting on a response from Jimmy to my PM. Knowing that he has been moved to shelters multiple times already, certainly hasn't eased his burden. When he's able, I'm certain he'll respond.

Old 11-12-2018, 01:03 PM
cruisetopdown
Laughing Gas
Received 274 Likes on 110 Posts
I would prefer to help Jimmy directly if possible, as I agree that too many of the foundations take too large of a portion when helping others.
w

Old 11-12-2018, 01:42 PM
blsd49
More Turbo

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts
I'm in also and will try to keep watch to see what is decided to be the best way.
Hang in there Jimmy!
Brian

Old 11-12-2018, 01:49 PM
tip49
Cargo Master
Received 137 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by abe
Just thinking..... FTE should have his email..... Could a moderator get it for us.
I recently messaged Jimmy through FTE but they do not show up in my email mail account ? This was only 4-5 days ago so don't know why they would have disappeared.

I am in with whatever we come up with to help Jimmy out.

Old 11-12-2018, 05:32 PM
HILLBILLY BOB
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
i am in to help jimmy too.i agree i would like to see all the money go directly to jimmy. like ReForder said.i am in to help

Old 11-12-2018, 07:31 PM
burnettd01
Laughing Gas
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
I am willing and able to help Jimmy as well. Please lte us know how.

Jimmy
As I indicated before, I have a spare room and hot shower. You are welcome to it. I am in Lincoln CA, which is a half hour away from Yuba City.

Please let us know how we can help.
Thinking of you and your family daily.
Dan Burnett
burnettd01@sbcglobal.net
Cell: 916-580-5006

Old 11-12-2018, 07:57 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Outstanding Mr. Burnett. I hope Jimmy can take you up.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:36 PM
schoo
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Another friend of mine his son lost his house and everything else in the camp fire they have started a gofundme two days ago it’s up to $3500 today. I’m good with what ever we can get going let just get going

Old 11-12-2018, 09:48 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Just received from Jimmy!

Hi Duane,, I just saw your note via FTE to my email. WE just now got a pic from cal fire that was kind enough to stop and take it for us. As soon as I can get it to my laptop Ill post it on the FTE board. You can see the cab of the F! sticking up proudly from the ashes, yea its all gone, oh well it’s just stuff we are safe in the shelter. Believe it or not the truck never ran better but had no gas in it,along with our DD a 2003 Camry, because it was at the end of the month and I couldn’t afford it, gee, wiz. We threw some socks and some memory sticks along with the wife my 93 year old mother,two large dogs into our worst car a 200 camry only to find the battery was dead,LOL. OK then I tried the new OPTIMA from the truck in only to see the cabels were to short, back to the 2003 got its battery and put it in the 2000 camry and off we go with the fire roaring behind us only to get a block from the flames where we hit the miles of stopped cars. I was glad I chose not to take the truck, it took 3 hours to get off the mountain. Any way, I have a hard time accepting help, but if anyone really, really wants to help Ill find my paypal name and PM it to you tomorrow. I cant even look at the board yet the support is so overwhelming it makes me cry. You guys are like family. If you want to post this on the board it’s ok, I just cant right now,I hope you and the guys understand. Ill PM you tomorrow. Jimmy I goota go now love you all jimmy.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:44 PM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by FortyNiner

Hi Duane,, I just saw your note via FTE to my email. WE just now got a pic from cal fire that was kind enough to stop and take it for us. As soon as I can get it to my laptop Ill post it on the FTE board. You can see the cab of the F! sticking up proudly from the ashes, yea its all gone, oh well it’s just stuff we are safe in the shelter. Believe it or not the truck never ran better but had no gas in it,along with our DD a 2003 Camry, because it was at the end of the month and I couldn’t afford it, gee, wiz. We threw some socks and some memory sticks along with the wife my 93 year old mother,two large dogs into our worst car a 200 camry only to find the battery was dead,LOL. OK then I tried the new OPTIMA from the truck in only to see the cabels were to short, back to the 2003 got its battery and put it in the 2000 camry and off we go with the fire roaring behind us only to get a block from the flames where we hit the miles of stopped cars. I was glad I chose not to take the truck, it took 3 hours to get off the mountain. Any way, I have a hard time accepting help, but if anyone really, really wants to help Ill find my paypal name and PM it to you tomorrow. I cant even look at the board yet the support is so overwhelming it makes me cry. You guys are like family. If you want to post this on the board it’s ok, I just cant right now,I hope you and the guys understand. Ill PM you tomorrow. Jimmy I goota go now love you all jimmy.
Heartbreaking.

Lets do whatever it takes to help these folks out!

Hang in there Jimmy!

Old 11-12-2018, 11:34 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
I wonder if we could find him a truck? If his is gone, we could lose him on here. I wish I had the means to do it...
I know that is not a priority right now, but just thinkin'...

Old 11-12-2018, 11:52 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by FortyNiner

Heartbreaking! I'm in to help anyway I can as well.
Duane, please include me in a pm or email with the info when you get that so i can contribute.

I cant even imagine trying to start over again.
Jimmy, hang in there. Although I have no idea what its like I know you will get through this.
Josh

Quick Reply: How to help Jimmy?