How do you fold out to bed the rear seat (94 E-150 Club Wagon) - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > 1968-2013 Full Size Vans
Reload this Page >

How do you fold out to bed the rear seat (94 E-150 Club Wagon)

Notices
1968-2013 Full Size Vans Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

Old 11-04-2018, 01:03 AM
PJinOK
New User
PJinOK is starting off with a positive reputation.

Hi. I got my 94 E150 Clubwagon van from my dad. It's got a lot of custom stuff in it (he bought it that way used) like nice padding everywhere and custom... I think they're called runner boards on the outside that are bottom of the frame and include (but aren't limited to) the door steps. Dad had told me the back seat folded out into a bed. But me and even a mechanic cannot figure out how. It does look like there is room and it might do that (I had a dodge van prior that did), but I don't know if it's broken, stuck, or if it just doesn't do it at all because it's not made that way (though he assured me it was, go figure). Is there some way I can figure out

a/ how to do it, if it does
b/ whether this seat is even made to do that, and
c/ what criteria to ask a mechanic to look for in a junkyard to try and put one in that does, if this doesn't?

I looked through the manual. I read the tech page in this forum. Couldn't find an answer in either.

Thanks a ton for any assistance.

PJ

PS I hope nobody will tell me to get a new van. I love my old Ford van!! :-)

Old 11-04-2018, 02:04 PM
baddad457
Post Fiend
baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.
If it's a manual seat it ain't easy. There's a lever in the middle front that has to be released, seems I recall I had to push back slightly to get it to release. Been a long time though, I had a 95 with the manual rear seat and it took some effort to fold it down.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:43 PM
Steve460
New User
Steve460 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Get in the van from the rear door, lever is on the right side of the seat below the folding arm rest. Push on lever and that will release the seat back, now back out of the rear cargo area while lifting on the extra panel so the leg will come down and rest on the floor. You can do it from the other side of the seat but i find it easier from the cargo area.
Steve

Old 11-06-2018, 04:36 AM
98Econoline150
Senior User
98Econoline150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Have your dad show you since he owned it, he will know...

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.