2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picking up a SCAB

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 02:19 PM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
Received 178 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by F150Torqued
Caution. Don't be too sure. I tried to blow up one of the above pictures with every piece of software I got - and can't see the Mfg / Part # on either one of those Phasers. I sure hope they were pure OEM Ford phasers. Throwing a P0340 or p0345 code right after a timing job is NOT a real good sign. Possibly failing to plug in a cam position sensor is all it is.

Good Luck.
He replaced the sensor last evening and now it runs like a sewing machine. Was supposes to pick it up last night but the wife didn't want to head back into town after work. He told me he was using Ford parts on the timing. He is giving me a warranty on the motor, too, just in case.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:04 PM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
Brought it home tonight. Ran great. Needs rotors. Started cleaning up the interior, shampooing the seats,etc. I'll have to pull out the Raptor and move the *new* truck to that side of the garage to clean it up better.
trying to post pics. Bear with me.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:55 AM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master

Got a few to upload. Realized the back, driver's side window will roll down, but not up... Raining here today, too. Gotta get it up before I take the truck out.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:20 AM
F150Torqued
Posting Guru
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by stephen.osborne1
He replaced the sensor last evening and now it runs like a sewing machine. Was supposes to pick it up last night but the wife didn't want to head back into town after work. He told me he was using Ford parts on the timing. He is giving me a warranty on the motor, too, just in case.
Great. Glad the code wasn't one of those bigger gremlins.

If that window 'moves' at all, sounds like the motor and regulator might be alright. The attached wiring diagram might help sort that out from the switch panels with a multi-meter. Keep in mind that a common problem on these trucks at this age is broken wires in the driver's door jamb from flexing fatigue. The diagram doesn't show that routing - but you can logically figure out from the diagram if the particular wire signal would HAVE to route through drivers door jamb. Another common one is 'dirty switch contacts' on lighter used panels (like rear doors). Good luck on that one too.

BTW. your garage looks like mine ----- except I can't get my truck in it!!!!!

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
F150-window-wiring.pdf (169.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-30-2018, 04:11 PM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by F150Torqued
Great. Glad the code wasn't one of those bigger gremlins.

If that window 'moves' at all, sounds like the motor and regulator might be alright. The attached wiring diagram might help sort that out from the switch panels with a multi-meter. Keep in mind that a common problem on these trucks at this age is broken wires in the driver's door jamb from flexing fatigue. The diagram doesn't show that routing - but you can logically figure out from the diagram if the particular wire signal would HAVE to route through drivers door jamb. Another common one is 'dirty switch contacts' on lighter used panels (like rear doors). Good luck on that one too.

BTW. your garage looks like mine ----- except I can't get my truck in it!!!!!
The window ended up just being the switch. New one installed and everything is gravy. I've been driving it around all day, taking it easy of course. Running great. Wants to go. Got a new windshield installed, went to the car wash and found the third brake light was leaking. Fixed that with some butyl caulk strip. Ordered some new rotors and pads for the front.. They are warped, but not the worst I've felt.

The garage is a mess only because my shop is not yet finished... The stuff in the foreground is my lift, disassembled, and a bunch of other tools, materials, etc. Normally my Mustang is parked where the truck currently is, but it is getting some touch up work done to the paint. What you don't see in the other side of the garage is the Raptor that barely fits, my motorcycle, and mini Jeep... Hoping the weather warms back up next week so they can pour concrete...

Old 11-30-2018, 07:34 PM
Rumble phish
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Show off... ;-)

Old 11-30-2018, 07:48 PM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
Here's the Raptor and new tires... Now I'm just showing off.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:28 PM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
Taking the *new* truck to Boise tomorrow to watch the BSU Fresno game and put some miles on the motor. Hope to get the rotors and pads installed first.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:21 PM
Rumble phish
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If I had a Raptor, I'd show off too! ;-)

Old 12-02-2018, 09:47 PM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
Got home from Boise this morning... Broncos lost and we froze, but had a great time. My kid's first real live game.
Got the upholstery cleaner out and went to town on the seats. Big difference.
front and rear brakes done, too.

Go Irish

Old 12-02-2018, 10:15 PM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
Gus, my lab, wanted in on the action... Truck door is open? Time to go for a ride I guess...

Old 12-07-2018, 12:23 PM
PROSTOCK
Fleet Mechanic
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by stephen.osborne1
Gus, my lab, wanted in on the action... Truck door is open? Time to go for a ride I guess...

You only think it's your truck, you obviously didn't understand that's really Gus's truck. I know full too well how that works.....my lab (RIP) would allow me to drive him around in his '65 when he wanted, sure miss those days.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:34 PM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by PROSTOCK
You only think it's your truck, you obviously didn't understand that's really Gus's truck. I know full too well how that works.....my lab (RIP) would allow me to drive him around in his '65 when he wanted, sure miss those days.
Well, it is actually my wife's truck. I have the Raptor, scout, and Mustang. My kid thinks she's going to be driving it... Little does she know Santa is bringing her a Festiva...
Gus, on the other hand, will allow anyone to drive him around. He's my off roading partner in the Scout. Love that dog...

Old 12-09-2018, 01:07 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rumble phish
If I had a Raptor, I'd show off too! ;-)
X3. I haven’t driven my “new” 04 since I brought it home from where I bought it. My adopted son is always driving it... But I got a brand new ‘18 SCab 4x4 work truck so I’m not without transportation. Only has the little 3.3L V 6, miss my EB I had in my ‘13

Old 12-15-2018, 10:37 PM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
I've been so impressed with how well my wife/dog's SCAB handles and drives, I decided to get my daughter one for Christmas... Was going to get her a Mustang, but decided a truck would be more useful and safe. Found an '07 SCAB 4X4 in Salt Lake. Went down and back today. She has no idea... Santa is bringing her a very cool present this year..

Quick Reply: Picking up a SCAB