2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Best Spray in bed liner?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 10:36 AM
On Holiday
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
My 03 F150 has a Rhino Liner while my 04 Dodge 2500 has Line-X. I choose the Rhino in the Ford because price was comparable and was more local, the Line-X was put in by the previous owner. The Line-X is staying blacker longer than the Rhino however that may be because the Dodge has a cover over the bed. As far as slip, the Rhino liner holds objects better than Line-X.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:41 AM
stufarmer
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I was given the option to have them sprayed over or not. I chose to have them sprayed over. I don't care if the Bolts are hard to get out, I won't be the one doing it. I chose Line X with the UV coating. Life Time Warranty, Nationwide Company.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:51 AM
Sanspy
Junior User
Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Mack3006
I think there was a poll about this. Can remember when.
Anyways, I have Line-X with the UV coating over it. Had it about 10 months. Very very very happy.

I have a thread started about bed covers, in that post Are a few good pics of the Line-X.
I agree. I had the premium linex on a sierra. No fading after 8 years. It still looked very good when I traded it. I just had it installed on my 2018 Super Duty.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:28 PM
N2dunz
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mowjobs2
I’m not going to lie I did not know they are one time bolts. Either the shop I used found a way to magically use the same bolts or keeps a box of new ones laying around, I told him don’t spray over the bolts and he did not. Not one truck on the farm has them sprayed over either round here. It’s up there with the worst jobs on the planet removing the line x when you wanna remove those bolts. But nope, had no clue it’s a one time bolt.
I am willing to bet they didn't know they were 1 time use.
Don't know why you would remove the liner if you have to remove the bolts.
It is called an impact gun.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:37 PM
Mowjobs2
Freshman User
Gotta chip that line x off the bolts. Sockets don’t fit with line x even with your impact gun. But thanks for the tip of “it’s called an impact gun”.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:49 PM
SGMJohn
Junior User
Had Rhino years ago and it faded in a year. I had my last 3 trucks with Line-X with UV. Doesn't fade but is a very hard finish where items will slide easily. My last 2 trucks I have had Line-X and a rubber bed liner. I will stay with Line-X if that tells you anything.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:23 PM
Clubwagon
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had Line-X in my previous truck. Loved it. My new truck has the factory Ford spay liner and for my use its great. But then I really don't "use" the bed that much as the truck is mainly used for towing.

That said; I have used Al's Liner, which is a DIY spray liner many times. It comes as a kit which I bought off one of the 4x4 online shops. Its easy to mix and spray and prep was fairly straight forward. I have yet to spray and actual truck bed but have used it for many other things. My first use was to spray a steel open car trailer. I had owned this trailer for years and painted it multiple times. The paint would end up looking like crap after about one full season. I hated that so I decided to try having it Line-X'ed. All of the quotes were absurdly high so I tried doing it myself. It was pretty much like using a paint gun and I was very happy with the results. The trailer looked great for the 5-6 years after and I sold it for good money.

Since the that trailer I have done a couple of others of mine and helped a couple of friends spray theirs. We also did a friend's Jeep Cherokee that was a serious off-roader, and various other things including a friend's tractor.

So if you are the DIY type check out Al's liner. https://alsliner.com/

Old 10-17-2018, 10:22 PM
AFpilot09
New User
Platinum Line-X with UV coating.

Couldn’t be happier with it. I had Rino on my dodge and much prefer the Line-X.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:01 PM
ymsmiley
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dealership sprayed in mine as part of the deal, but there's a strip on a tailgate crease where I can see a little paint. Not too big a deal but it's more about convienence, well lack of. Suggest a thorough inspection before you drive away. Then again they'll probably be a little more thorough if you're paying actual money for it

Old 10-18-2018, 06:49 PM
sdenn
Senior User
Mine from factory, very pleased.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:07 PM
coriolis2k
Freshman User
I did as well, hoping it is as good or better than Line-X

Old 10-18-2018, 07:10 PM
Tx Hunter
5th Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the Line-x product. Seems thinner and cleaner than Rhino. I do agree that some shops do a cleaner application than others.

Old 10-19-2018, 11:46 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,740 Likes on 1,330 Posts
Bah! Bed bolts are only 1-time use if you break them. They just keep the bed from sliding off on hard turns...

Line-X for me. I've seen the others and don't care for them (Rhino, factory stuff, and DIY stuff)

Old 10-19-2018, 11:57 PM
davidpacificnw
Laughing Gas
Received 150 Likes on 86 Posts
I went with the Dualliner. So glad I didn't go with the spray in stuff. My buddies who did the spray in see my dualliner and always say, I wish I got that. I threw my WDH in the back the other day and my buddies freaked. He thought I was going to have a huge dent in my bed as that is what would happen with spray in. Nope. No dent, no no ding, no marks and it took about 45 minutes to install. I think I paid 400 bucks for it. Maybe a bit more but love it.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:28 AM
Badtothebones
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you guys typically throw a bed rubber mat in addition to the spray in liner?

Quick Reply: Best Spray in bed liner?