Abomination? Morphodite? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Abomination? Morphodite?

Old 10-11-2018, 09:50 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant future
Abomination? Morphodite?

Cruising Craigslist and found this atrocity...
https://westslope.craigslist.org/cto...708919115.html

Bobby

Old 10-11-2018, 09:57 PM
ben73058
Postmaster
ben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to behold
Hey Bobby,
Here in Texas we have a lot of variations of that thing.
We call them hunting trucks.... you sit on the back and drink
beer till you can't see … then go hunting.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1

Old 10-11-2018, 09:58 PM
tinman52
Welder User
tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
The real crime is the asking price........

Old 10-11-2018, 10:33 PM
49fordv8f4
Posting Guru
49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold
It looks like the plate next to the speedo with the Eaton two speed axle shift instructions is in pretty good shape. It may be about the only thing on the truck worth salvaging.
Mark

Old 10-11-2018, 10:41 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ben73058 View Post
Hey Bobby,
beer till you can't see then go hunting.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1
Ben,

LOL, I guess everything has a purpose. I hesitate to admit it in this day and age but some of my favorite memories involve drinkin', drivin', and shootin" (I know, I know, it sounds bad....but it was always way out in the desert, not another soul or ranch house around, while hoping to bust a covey of quail or a random cottontail we'd sip a cold beer or two and shoot beer bottles on the fly out of the truck windows.......ah, those were the days)

Bobby

Old 10-12-2018, 06:59 AM
JPMallory
Elder User
JPMallory has a great reputation on FTE.JPMallory has a great reputation on FTE.JPMallory has a great reputation on FTE.JPMallory has a great reputation on FTE.JPMallory has a great reputation on FTE.
"one of a kind"

True, but in this case that's not a good thing. Also, I don't know who Michael Keller is, but remind me to keep him the hell away from my truck.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:48 AM
topmoo
Postmaster
topmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by ben73058 View Post
Hey Bobby,
beer till you can't see … then go hunting.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1
Yes Ben, the good ole boys favorite past time. My parents retired to a nice piece of beautiful country land years ago outside of Palestine Texas where the good ole boys reign. One hunting season a neighbor, who had been drinking all day on his porch waiting for a deer to come near, shot what he thought was a doe and a fawn. What he actually shot and killed was his daughter who was out jogging with his grand daughter. The reason that this brings back that memory is because he had a '50's 4WD Chevy truck chopped up similar to the one Bobby shared, cut up and had 4 chairs bolted to his flatbed. He drove that out to the blacktop where he shot the deer to get it.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:05 PM
pweng1
Posting Guru
pweng1 has a good reputation on FTE.pweng1 has a good reputation on FTE.pweng1 has a good reputation on FTE.
I cant help but be angry at the owners of these trucks over the parts i need that they really dont .
The pristine hood trim in this case. Maybe shooting trucks in the east is just as bad. try counting the bullet holes in my cab.

This just shows the back but it got it from all sides.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:38 PM
Steve Harlow
Senior User
Steve Harlow is starting off with a positive reputation.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:39 PM
tip49
Posting Guru
tip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JPMallory View Post
"one of a kind"

True, but in this case that's not a good thing. Also, I don't know who Michael Keller is, but remind me to keep him the hell away from my truck.
By the looks of it he may be a son of Helen Keller. No other way to justify that build. Sorry.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:13 PM
ben73058
Postmaster
ben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to behold

These are some examples of what a Texas Hunting truck looks like. Everyone that owns a ranch has
some abomination like these - generally "licensed" as a farm truck - driven on backroads.

Old 10-13-2018, 12:39 AM
63flareside
Senior User
63flareside is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by pweng1 View Post
I cant help but be angry at the owners of these trucks over the parts i need that they really dont .
The pristine hood trim in this case. Maybe shooting trucks in the east is just as bad. try counting the bullet holes in my cab.

This just shows the back but it got it from all sides.

I have a set of 48-50 hood trim for sale if that is what you are looking for

Old 10-13-2018, 05:28 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
underthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputation
Are those rear seats out of what was it a Subaru Brat, that came out when they outlawed un-restrained passengers to ride in the back of a pick up. (at least here in California) Or just homemade seats?

Old 10-13-2018, 09:18 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Jimmy,

yea, I think you nailed it. They look like Brat seats to me

Bobby

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.