Tire Recommendations - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Recommendations

Old 10-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru
Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
Tire Recommendations

Hard to believe it has been 3 years since my last visit. My 2011 F350 has become a “driven by a little old man on special occasions” vehicle. I’m just coming up to 30k on the truck. The factory original tires have always been lousy winter tires without a load in the bed. Looking for recommendations for a good wet road/snow tire that isn’t too bad on the dry highway.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:45 PM
cangim
Postmaster
cangim has a good reputation on FTE.cangim has a good reputation on FTE.cangim has a good reputation on FTE.
I am happy with nitto, both terra grappler and now ridge grappler. The Ridge grappler look like a mud tire but have been just as quiet if not more quiet than the terra g2 I ran previously.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:34 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of
Well I can tell you what tire NOT to buy. I'm running the Toyo Open Country R/T tires, and don't really like them in any type of terrain except dirt. I haven't had the chance to run them in snow yet, but they are terrible in the mud, and on wet pavement. Previously I had the Toyo Open Country M/T tires, and they were WAY better.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:39 AM
Justin Longacre
New User
Justin Longacre is starting off with a positive reputation.
I run Michelin AT/2...quiet on the highway, excellent in the snow and on wet pavement, aggressive enough for most off road uses and I have gotten much better wear out of them then the Kelly's I had on. Very good for dry pavement, especially with a load behind

Old 10-09-2018, 08:06 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Iowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputation
I put a set of Hankook Dyna Pro ATM's on when I replaced the originals. What an improvement that was
I liked the Michelins when they were new, but once the top was gone out of them, they were useless in the snow and dirt.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:23 AM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru
Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Iowa Ford View Post
I put a set of Hankook Dyna Pro ATM's on when I replaced the originals. What an improvement that was
I liked the Michelins when they were new, but once the top was gone out of them, they were useless in the snow and dirt.
That has been my experience with the Michelin’s as well. If there is ANY moisture on the road, pulling out from a stop almost always will get the rear wheels spinning.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:41 PM
SanDiego56
Junior User
SanDiego56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Toyo open country at 2... outstanding tire just put a set on today...

Old 10-10-2018, 08:40 AM
Superduty450
Senior User
Superduty450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I vote for the Toyo AT 2 also, running the LT255/80R17 on my 15 DRW

Old 10-10-2018, 08:56 AM
00t444e
Elder User
00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Goodyear Duratracks.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:21 PM
XI_32
New User
XI_32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Where do you live? If you live in an area where it snows significantly, then invest in some winter tires. It's better to relax and drive with winter tires than be worried with all seasons. The winter tires I like a lot are the GrabberTM Arctic LT. If you really want all seasons then either the MICHELIN LTX A/T2 or the MICHELIN LTX M/S2 are good.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:01 AM
SkiSmuggs
Elder User
SkiSmuggs has a good reputation on FTE.SkiSmuggs has a good reputation on FTE.
Nexen Rodian AT Pro RA8 is what I plan to get at around $180/per tire. They've become popular enough that one place near me wants $225, but have seen them online for $170.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:49 PM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Posting Guru
Paw's 150 Lariat is a name known to allPaw's 150 Lariat is a name known to allPaw's 150 Lariat is a name known to allPaw's 150 Lariat is a name known to allPaw's 150 Lariat is a name known to allPaw's 150 Lariat is a name known to all
Originally Posted by XI_32 View Post
Where do you live? If you live in an area where it snows significantly, then invest in some winter tires. It's better to relax and drive with winter tires than be worried with all seasons. The winter tires I like a lot are the GrabberTM Arctic LT. If you really want all seasons then either the MICHELIN LTX A/T2 or the MICHELIN LTX M/S2 are good.
I'm really liking the Michelin LTX AT2's so far. Only 16K miles on them and wearing evenly. Factory tires that came on my '17 350 DRW.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Painted Horse
Postmaster
Painted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant future
I ran 4 sets of Michelin AT/2s on my 2011 truck, They were a 30,000 mile tire. They were good in snow as stated during the 1st half of their tread life. But lousy once you got down past the siping.

I've run a couple sets of Toyo AT/2s on my 2015 and now my 2017 truck Current tires have 45,000 miles on them and still have 5/32 or 6/32 of tread.
I did get stuck with them this week, But I was towing 11,000 lbs up a 7% grade in a foot of snow.. I unhooked and let a buddy with chains haul the trailer the rest of the way up and I had no problem driving in the snow with no trailer behind. I'll probably get a new set at 50,000 miles ( which should be early December) just because I worry about snow traction and would rather have new tires than trying to skimp thru the winter on worn tires.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:51 AM
Bohen
Senior User
Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.
Toyo AT2 Extreme 35x12.5x20 great tires have them on my 2010 f150 . My last set had around 65000 miles on them before I had to replace becase of one of the getting damaged but when I did LS told me they had tread left on them . I bought another set same size , great tire all the way around.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: