2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Just placed order for 2019 Super Duty - Should I be prepared for long wait?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 11:52 AM
hollygreenman
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 19rubyrower
All of this makes sense. If the plant does not have parts available to allocate, they do not schedule a build. I work for another automotive manufacturer, and the new norm in manufacturing is parts on demand. Parts only when needed. No large inventory tying up money just hanging around.

MK
By the same token, why do they build the vehicle if they can't immediately ship it? To build the vehicle and let it sit in the factory lot for 45+ days "awaiting shipment" is unreasonable.

Old 12-28-2018, 12:15 PM
divingmikeboats
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My new truck is sitting at a place called GFX in Louisville which I found on line as a bedliner applicator. I thought bedliners were done in house at the factory. Hope they get on with it. It shows the truck as "In Transit" on the Ford site.

Old 12-28-2018, 01:51 PM
CraigCarter
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by divingmikeboats

My new truck is sitting at a place called GFX in Louisville which I found on line as a bedliner applicator. I thought bedliners were done in house at the factory. Hope they get on with it. It shows the truck as "In Transit" on the Ford site.
Mine shows similar except for the top row. While they don't show date/times in this view, it would make sense that it's oldest to newest. Moved to GFX after build for bed liner, shipped back from GFX to the plant, then shipped out. Mine currently only shows the bottom two rows and is still pending shipping. The top row may be the freight number once it's shipped out and moves to transit status.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:47 PM
divingmikeboats
New User
Originally Posted by CraigCarter
Mine shows similar except for the top row. While they don't show date/times in this view, it would make sense that it's oldest to newest. Moved to GFX after build for bed liner, shipped back from GFX to the plant, then shipped out. Mine currently only shows the bottom two rows and is still pending shipping. The top row may be the freight number once it's shipped out and moves to transit status.
That would make sense. I may have flipped the order on the palsapp search.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:43 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Angry Tomato
I was told by the dealer that I would be better getting a spray in liner done aftermarket as it can make your build three weeks longer.
Do not believe that, ordered mine with Spray in liner and got in 5 wks, Del was scheduled for 21 Nov and it arrived on the dealer lot at 9am on the 15th I picked up at 5:30 that afternoon...

Old 12-29-2018, 08:48 AM
RandyinTN
Laughing Gas
Received 314 Likes on 151 Posts
As of 29 Dec Fords web site says:
My truck is awaiting shipment
It will take 16 days to ship it
But it will be delivered tomorrow! LOL

Funny how UPS and FedEx can track a $5 package and tell you what town it was in, when it left, or when it got on the truck for delivery. Then they give you a delivery window. Yet Ford can't give an accurate estimate of shipping an expensive truck. I would take a wild guess and say Ford ships less than .001% of units compared to UPS or FedEx yet has no idea what it going on.

Luckily for me I am in no hurry and will continue to drive my current truck until the new one is delivered.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:45 PM
2019RRSDLARIAT
More Turbo
Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyinTN
As of 29 Dec Fords web site says:
My truck is awaiting shipment
It will take 16 days to ship it
But it will be delivered tomorrow! LOL

Funny how UPS and FedEx can track a $5 package and tell you what town it was in, when it left, or when it got on the truck for delivery. Then they give you a delivery window. Yet Ford can't give an accurate estimate of shipping an expensive truck. I would take a wild guess and say Ford ships less than .001% of units compared to UPS or FedEx yet has no idea what it going on.

Luckily for me I am in no hurry and will continue to drive my current truck until the new one is delivered.
I agree with you on that statement. We are spending thousands on a truck and it sucks not having an idea of what's going on.

my truck is also still awaiting shipment also since 12/11. I think the holidays are screwing things up. I'll be 36 on the 16th and it might be a birthday present for me lol. We shall see.

Old 12-31-2018, 02:18 AM
F-350 McGuy
New User
3½ months?

Howdy folks,

My dealer told me the delivery date for my 2019 F-350 XLT SRW 6.2 crew cab would likely be 3½ months from the date I placed the order. I had to put down a $6350 deposit so that she could place the order. That was October 12th. Add 3½ months to that and I'm hoping for some word on my truck my mid-January with an expected delivery to the dealership of January 27th.

One thing I've learned in life is that great things have to be waited on with patience so I'm fully expecting my truck in the first half of February. I live 6050 miles from the Kentucky Truck Plant but my dealership is 6535 miles from the plant so that's why I am not expecting any miracles! My dealer told me that once the truck was built, I'd need to put down a second deposit of $12700 to secure shipping but no word on that yet.

Since the order was made on October 12th I've received no contact from my dealership, no VIN, no nothing. I'm just being super patient Hopefully everything will work out and I'll be climbing in my new truck sometime between January 27th and February 12th. Looking at all the photos of folks' delivered trucks on this thread has gotten me somewhat antsy however....

Thank you

Old 12-31-2018, 05:18 AM
flumpydog
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by F-350 McGuy
Howdy folks,

My dealer told me the delivery date for my 2019 F-350 XLT SRW 6.2 crew cab would likely be 3½ months from the date I placed the order. I had to put down a $6350 deposit so that she could place the order. That was October 12th. Add 3½ months to that and I'm hoping for some word on my truck my mid-January with an expected delivery to the dealership of January 27th.

One thing I've learned in life is that great things have to be waited on with patience so I'm fully expecting my truck in the first half of February. I live 6050 miles from the Kentucky Truck Plant but my dealership is 6535 miles from the plant so that's why I am not expecting any miracles! My dealer told me that once the truck was built, I'd need to put down a second deposit of $12700 to secure shipping but no word on that yet.

Since the order was made on October 12th I've received no contact from my dealership, no VIN, no nothing. I'm just being super patient Hopefully everything will work out and I'll be climbing in my new truck sometime between January 27th and February 12th. Looking at all the photos of folks' delivered trucks on this thread has gotten me somewhat antsy however....

Thank you
WOW stunned how your dealer wants all this upfront money!
I was originally told that it could take upwards of 3 1/2 months and my truck arrived in 9 1/2 weeks from the day it was ordered. With vehicles being delayed after they have been built, I was told up here in Ontario Canada, there is a huge shortage of drivers now.

Old 12-31-2018, 06:59 AM
mattymax
Fleet Mechanic
Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts
I got my VIN two weeks after I placed my order and a window sticker shortly after.
No deposit. No promise of buying it. Didn't even meet the salesman. All done over the phone with a picture of the price sent to my cell phone. The dealer is 200 miles from my house. He told me delivery should be 8-12 weeks. Mine was ordered NOV 23

matt

Old 12-31-2018, 02:14 PM
clewis7951
Junior User
Originally Posted by 2019RRSDLARIAT
I agree with you on that statement. We are spending thousands on a truck and it sucks not having an idea of what's going on.

my truck is also still awaiting shipment also since 12/11. I think the holidays are screwing things up. I'll be 36 on the 16th and it might be a birthday present for me lol. We shall see.
I turned 30 something on Dec 28th and was hoping I would get mine for a bday present as well!! The date has changed 3 times now on me....hopefully this is the last time ( usually gets down to 2 days and resets a week )
Its been sitting at the CSX transport station in Albany for over a week now....dealer seems to think this latest date is legit.
All in all its still under the 8 week mark, so I am happy! I feel for those that had to wait 3-5 months!

Old 12-31-2018, 05:42 PM
F-350 McGuy
New User
Smile Big down payment

Originally Posted by flumpydog

WOW stunned how your dealer wants all this upfront money!
I was originally told that it could take upwards of 3 1/2 months and my truck arrived in 9 1/2 weeks from the day it was ordered. With vehicles being delayed after they have been built, I was told up here in Ontario Canada, there is a huge shortage of drivers now.
I think it is because of the long distance to get the truck to the dealership forecourt. If they let me order it to my specification, instead of just taking one off their forecourt, and then I backed out of the sale, I guess they'd be stuck with a truck that the average folks might not want. At least the two deposits are toward the actual cost of the truck, so the day I go to collect it I will have less of an amount to settle with them. I am starting to think that I should ask them if they have a VIN number yet for me though. It's 2½ months since I placed the order.

I'm guessing my truck will get put on a CSX train and run to the east coast and put on a ship. I have to pay the second deposit before they will put in on the ship apparently. Still, getting pretty excited. Been a Ford truck fan all my life and this is my first actual pickup truck I've owned. Glad to hear that yours turned up quicker than they said it might. Hope you are enjoying it so far!

Old 01-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Siriustoo
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered my F-350 Lariat SRW 6.7 CC October 23rd. Production was the week of December 3rd. Delivered to the dealer December 19th in Ottawa. That was a lot quicker than my 2017.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:25 AM
mattymax
Fleet Mechanic
Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Siriustoo
I ordered my F-350 Lariat SRW 6.7 CC October 23rd. Production was the week of December 3rd. Delivered to the dealer December 19th in Ottawa. That was a lot quicker than my 2017.
Yea you ordered one month prior to mine. So I should expect mine around January 19, give or take due to holidays

-matt

Old 01-01-2019, 10:41 AM
F-350 McGuy
New User
Early Christmas present!!! 😃

Originally Posted by Siriustoo
Wow, that's neat. An early Christmas present! Yours was ordered 11 days after my F-350 XLT SRW 6.2 CC so I'm now kinda hoping that mine is also built.

I think it will have to go through an export process in the US and an import process when it arrives in the UK. Paperwork, examinations, grouchy officials after the holiday break maybe Then it has to get a "grey import" acceptance certificate. They did say they'd phone me when it was due to get put on a ship and they haven't done that yet. Because of the holidays it is probably in a compound at Port of New York and New Jersey or similar. I just have to play the waiting game I guess.

Quick Reply: Just placed order for 2019 Super Duty - Should I be prepared for long wait?