Front Wheel Well Liners - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Front Wheel Well Liners

Old 09-19-2018, 12:17 PM
cfpinz
Junior User
cfpinz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Front Wheel Well Liners

I just bought a 2019 F350 yesterday and am a little disappointed in the front wheel well liners, they appear to be somewhat of a porous fabric rather than the hard plastic ones on all of my old trucks. I've heard mention of liners that can be installed on these trucks, does anyone have pictures or information about the plastic liners? Price and source?

Thanks.

Old 09-19-2018, 12:30 PM
N2dunz
Junior User
N2dunz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Fabric liners have been used since 2011.
They work fine and clean up fine.

Old 09-19-2018, 12:52 PM
fleming23
Senior User
fleming23 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by cfpinz View Post
I just bought a 2019 F350 yesterday and am a little disappointed in the front wheel well liners, they appear to be somewhat of a porous fabric rather than the hard plastic ones on all of my old trucks. I've heard mention of liners that can be installed on these trucks, does anyone have pictures or information about the plastic liners? Price and source?

Thanks.
Originally Posted by N2dunz View Post
Fabric liners have been used since 2011.
They work fine and clean up fine.
While that is true, Ford does make a factory plastic liner for the front. They just install directly over the fabric ones. This makes keeping things nice and clean a snap, for those of us who actually care about that sort of thing. I think 97% of the general population would be completely confused as to why someone would actually clean their wheel well area.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:01 PM
Zchludil
Freshman User
Zchludil is starting off with a positive reputation.
When I bought my 2017 F250, I had the dealer install the oem front and rear wheel well liners. They are very easy to clean out, look nice, and I could not be happier with them.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:48 PM
delorenzomp
Senior User
delorenzomp is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 2004, they dropped the 'baffles' that year, I had them installed by the dealer...my truck is red, any metal within the wheel wells was painted black. I really like that and annually spray flat black on everything that developed rust over the winter. Why they ship vehicles now with body-colored wheel wells is a mystery to me (well, cost, I am sure), for all of the aesthetics on which they focus that is one that they truly overlook.
I am thinking of a 2019 XL, I see the ?plastic? well liners offered as a factory option, I am wondering how well they stay put (I'd hate to have one come free at highway speeds), and I'm not too crazy about not seeing the wear-and-tear behind them. I am thinking of just spraying the areas with black paint annually (or Line-X-ing them)...what are your feelings toward the plastic liners? ...and do they truly look like they belong there as opposed to just being a stop-gap cosmetic accessory? Any clear photos of the fronts and rears??
Thank you.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:15 PM
cfpinz
Junior User
Thanks for the responses. It's a farm truck and will be covered in cow crap for the rest of it's life, so I figure there's less chance of the acid in the manure hurting a hard plastic surface than a permeable one. Anyone know the Ford part numbers for the front liners?

Old 09-19-2018, 02:16 PM
VA13FX4
Senior User
VA13FX4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The fabric style supposedly keep the road noise down better than plastic or metal. I have the plastic ones in the rear and Iíve found that the fabric ones up front clean up just as easily. That being said, Iíve recently moved and Iím about to go through the first winter with the truck, so I may change my toon about that soon.

just saw your response about cow crap. Thatís a game changer! Plastic for sure!

Old 09-19-2018, 02:26 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
The last time I cleaned the wheel wells I made the mistake of spraying a liberal amount of soap into the wheel well. It took a long time to get all the soap out of the liner. I should have called it a day with a quick rinse.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:23 PM
Straightgrain
Junior User
Straightgrain is starting off with a positive reputation.
F250 are the same?

I bought and installed these for $136.00.

HC3Z-16F099-A, Panel, Wheelhouse.

I'm guessing they are the same for your truck. I wasn't impressed with the instructions, but I'm not the brightest bulb either.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:42 PM
ymsmiley
Senior User
ymsmiley is starting off with a positive reputation.
It'd be nice to see them installed. This is the p/n for the fronts but the pix keep showing the rear

HC3Z-16F099-A Wheel-Well Liner - Black, For Front Wheel Wells

Originally Posted by Straightgrain View Post
I bought and installed these for $136.00.

HC3Z-16F099-A, Panel, Wheelhouse.

I'm guessing they are the same for your truck. I wasn't impressed with the instructions, but I'm not the brightest bulb either.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:44 PM
CaptainDeadpool
Freshman User
CaptainDeadpool is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have read in several spots on the forum that people wish they had of bought husky liners rather than the oem plastic ones. I haven't seen the difference myself but figured it was worth a mention!

Old 09-19-2018, 08:17 PM
wfedwar
Elder User
wfedwar is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I donít think husky makes them for the front. Iíve yet to find anyone who actually has the liners on the front. Iíd love to see a picture.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:51 AM
Canaan Morgan
Freshman User
Canaan Morgan is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the front and rear lines. Ordered it that way because I love to waste money lol. Cleans easy

Old 09-20-2018, 03:23 AM
delorenzomp
Senior User
delorenzomp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Canaan Morgan, you have the OEM liners from Ford? Any photos thst you took, say of the entire side of the truck, then one of each (front and rear) wheel/fender, preferably in light? That would be great, thanks.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:28 AM
cfpinz
Junior User
Thank you all for the responses, and especially the part numbers. I appreciate it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.