New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

new member, longtime ford truck owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 05:32 AM
diamond dogs
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new member, longtime ford truck owner

hi all, i registered to ask a few specific questions about my new to me 92 f150, but ill probably get hooked and stay around.

My first ford truck was a 90 ranger 2wd 4cyl 5 speed i bought from my dad when i was about 24 that my dad had bought from his brother who had bought new, it was a piece of junk, but didnt discourage me from ford trucks. i bought a rust free 84 f150 2wd 300-6 4 speed od long box regular cab in washington state when my ranger died, and absolutly fell in love with the 6 cyl and that era of ford trucks, minus the twin I beam suspension which i dont care much for. I sold that because i needed a more fuel efficiant vhicle to commute and i didnt have room to store it, i wish i hadnt! also could have sold it for allot more, didnt realize at the time how valuable a rust free truck is here.

i still have a 78 f350 dually flatbed 2wd with a 460 / 4 speed that i dont drive because of gas......and up untill recently my main truck was a 96 f150 6cyl 5 speed extended cab short box 2wd that is at this point so rusted out as to be nearly unusable, even though it still runs great at 275k.

having always wanted and occasionally needing a 4x4, and being frustrated with the limitations of a short box, i had been keeping my eye out for a few years for a 6 cyl 4wd f150 with a manual and long box, and finally found one that was a good deal and without major rust problems (im in minnesota) just over 200k for $875 with new tires and a fair amount of work done recently. more work needs doing as you would expect, but i feel like this is a truck i can finally invest my time in without worrying that it will fall apart due to rust and always thinking i really want a 4x4.

so im sure youll be hearing more from me as i tackle this old truck!

Old 08-13-2018, 09:15 AM
MrMajestyk
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to the FTE diamond dogs

Congrats on a Super Buy !

It's sad what the Frozen Tundra does with the rust and all, it also hard to beat the economy, durability
of the Ole I-6. I remember years ago an old-timer told me that the basic design of the I-6 had not
really changed since '49 and this was in the early 80's.

Again, Welcome and thanks for taking the time to share an intro with pictures

Old 08-13-2018, 09:28 AM
diamond dogs
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrMajestyk
Welcome to the FTE diamond dogs

Congrats on a Super Buy !

It's sad what the Frozen Tundra does with the rust and all, it also hard to beat the economy, durability
of the Ole I-6. I remember years ago an old-timer told me that the basic design of the I-6 had not
really changed since '49 and this was in the early 80's.

Again, Welcome and thanks for taking the time to share an intro with pictures
thanks Mr Majestyk, btw thats one of my favorite bronson films! next to death wish 3 (my friend wildey is coming assuming thats your name because of the offroad driving over boulders at high speed scene near the end? the mob wants a piece of bronsons mellons, theyll get a piece of his shotgun instead!

Old 08-13-2018, 10:42 AM
MrMajestyk
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by diamond dogs
thanks Mr Majestyk, btw thats one of my favorite bronson films! next to death wish 3 (my friend wildey is coming assuming thats your name because of the offroad driving over boulders at high speed scene near the end? the mob wants a piece of bronsons mellons, theyll get a piece of his shotgun instead!
You Got It

That is why my '84 is called " MJ " Majestyk Jr. Loved my '70 Bump Side but no P/S or A/C is a challenge as you get older