Interior Lights Not Coming on - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Interior Lights Not Coming on

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 08-10-2018, 08:30 AM
Les C
New User
Les C is starting off with a positive reputation.

My interior lights, on my 2015 F350, 4X4, Crew Cab, do not come on when you open the doors. They will come on if you turn them on manually. This happened when I replaced the interior lights with LED Blue lights. Any help in locating the problem would be appreciated.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:09 PM
KC8QVO
Posting Guru
KC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to all
Check fuse F12. of the body control module panel, not the battery panel.

This is the supply for the BCM to supply power to that circuit When you manually turn them on you bypass that end of the circuit and power is supplied through fuse F4 instead.

You already proved F4 is good by manually turning the lights on.

Do your running board lights work? These are powered from the same source as the interior lights when the BCM sends power to that circuit - all in the same - power comes from F12. If that is blown nothing on that circuit will work.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:31 PM
bobv60
Posting Guru
bobv60 has a good reputation on FTE.bobv60 has a good reputation on FTE.
Look for a switch that turns off the auto lights when the door is open. I dont remeber if my old truck had that switch, but my 2018 does

Old 08-11-2018, 10:49 AM
KC8QVO
Posting Guru
KC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to all
This should be good for up through 2016. I do not know if they made changes to these circuits afterwards. There could be some variations between 2011 and 2016 also, but this should be a good start.

Green is good, yellow is questionable.

Old 08-11-2018, 05:03 PM
Les C
New User
Les C is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you for your help

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: