Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Excursion Advise

Old 07-28-2018, 10:07 AM
captcruz
Freshman User
captcruz is starting off with a positive reputation.
2004 Excursion Advise

Greetings, Background, I have owned my Excursion since day one, Two years ago had the complete long block replaced by Ford now 10k miles on the new engine, I have dealt with the same Ford Dealer for the last 8 years.. a few weeks ago my brakes didn't feel right, had to apply a lot foot to slow the truck down, When the roads were wet and applying extra foot pressure the left front wheel would lock up and truck would skid to the right. I brought it to the Ford dealer and explain what was going on, The service advisor and tech road tested and agreed something wasn't right. The tech removed the LF wheel, and said my rotors, calipers and brakes pads were all in good shape. He the but the computer on it and said the ABS showed it was properly working.. I left the dealership thinking is this all in my head, they surely know what there doing.... This has been on my mind so much that this week I took it out and the roads were wet, sure enough did the same thing..... Yesterday, I brought the truck to Midas and don't them the same story. within a 1/2 hour they said the Hydro brake booster was bad and replaced it with two new brake hoses for the front L & R brakes, when they went to bleed the system they were unable to and traced the line up to the ABS pump and found the pump had a stuck piston and replace the ABS pump, so I didn't even gave back brakes as well. Truck will be ready to pick up the afternoon. I feel I am very lucky that Was not in an accident that would have caused harm to others and myself and do not understand how the Ford dealer did not go further than they did to find and correct the problem... My question is should i contact Ford customer service is there any recourse as I a sure with the vin number they know I spent in excess of 20K on the truck over the last couples of years, or deal directly with the dealer to see if they will do anything for me, FYI, when the dealer checked my brakes I was not charge... Just looking for some advise here. Thank you.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:17 AM
pirate4x4_camo
Postmaster
pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.
Recourse ? Like you want to get money out of Ford for a human not being able to diagnose your mechanical problem ? Or do you think they maciliously lied to you to you ?

Either way, going to be very hard to prove either so any recourse seems highly unlikely.

About the only thing I can think of where you might have a case would be if Ford had a unqualified technician examine your brakes and say they were fine and then you had actually crashed.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:22 AM
captcruz
Freshman User
Just thought I would ask, at least I know there fixed right and time to find a new dealership to work on it or a good garage,

Old 08-10-2018, 05:56 AM
captcruz
Freshman User
As the old saying goes, When It Rains, It Pours. First, I did go back to my Ford Dealer and they acknowledged that they missed the brake problem and gave me credit for future service, That was very kind and great of them. One week ago I went to start the truck and the engine just cranked over and would not start. I waited a few minutes and it fired right up. Over the last 8 days I have had no issue with it and it has ran great. Two days ago I went to start the truck and the same thing, just cranked over, and would not start. After several attempts, I stopped trying and had it towed to the dealer. They haven't looked at it yet and hopefully they will today. This same problem happened in May of this year and a new FICM was found to be the issue. Just asking good this be the same issue FICM, or what do the symptoms sound like . The engine is a new long block 2 years old with 12 K miles on it, Thank you

Old 08-10-2018, 08:15 AM
EXSwap
Senior User
EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.
A crank no start (cold) could be several things. Do you have a scan tool of some sort to show what's going on? Any engine codes? Crank no start (hot) is a different issue. My suggestion would be: 1. If you don't have a way to check what it's doing, get one ASAP; and, 2. Head over to the 6.0 tech folder and get to reading. There's TONS of info there. Also, AFTER you get a scan tool (if you don't have one), and you know what's going on, the 6.0 folks over in the 6.0 forum are happy to help and have a great knowledge base.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/3...ch-folder.html

Old 08-10-2018, 09:57 AM
unleashd
Elder User
unleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to behold
The scan tools are precious. If you don't want to get one, head over to your local auto parts store and ask them to loan you one. Plug it into the OBD connector (located just above the gas pedal) and read out any diagnostic codes that it throws. That should give you the information to get started with the troubleshooting.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:10 PM
captcruz
Freshman User
they found the problem,, Crank sensor pigtail connector. Thanks

Old 08-10-2018, 10:24 PM
R&T Babich
Posting Guru
R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by captcruz View Post
they found the problem,, Crank sensor pigtail connector. Thanks
Was the connector cracked, wires frayed, contacts corroded, ....