Picked this little gem up at an auction - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 1999 to 2016 Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Picked this little gem up at an auction

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Old 07-22-2018, 05:57 PM
donthekawguy
Junior User
donthekawguy is starting off with a positive reputation.

I couldn't help myself yesterday at a local auction. I went to buy some old axe heads I saw and would up driving this beast home. 2006 F450 4x4 with air brakes and a Cummins 5.9 swap with Allison transmission. Runs awesome but it has a bit of a wobble at around 45 mph. I plan on taking the huge wheels off and putting some stockers on, buff it out, paint the flatbed and fix some minor gauge issues. The drivers seat has a pretty good sized tear in it but thats also minor. Not sure if I'm going to keep it or sell it yet. Here it's parked next to my 78 4x4 with a 3 inch lift. lol

Old 07-22-2018, 06:06 PM
texinwa
Senior User
texinwa is starting off with a positive reputation.
that's awesome!
Looks more like a body swap was done rather than an engine/trans swap.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:12 PM
MisterCMK
Avid Winter Hater
MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
Air brakes, eh? Doubtful

Old 07-22-2018, 06:28 PM
Warren89
Junior User
Warren89 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It's possible. The 5.9l cummmins was used in the f650-f750. Possibly this is a saw from one of those. The rims are unusual to say the least. I'd have to see pics to believe it

Old 07-22-2018, 06:36 PM
Djosbun
Senior User
Djosbun is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice!! Looks to be the perfect project truck/toy hauler.

— Dave

Old 07-22-2018, 07:48 PM
krazy_horse
Freshman User
krazy_horse is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice score! I think a wheel/tire change will take care of the wobble.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:14 PM
DieselBeast01
Posting Guru
DieselBeast01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DieselBeast01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
convet it to 4x4. Would make a sweet primitive camping rig. Death wobble is definitely being caused by those giant wheels and tires.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:39 PM
Sir Kayakalot
Senior User
Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by DieselBeast01 View Post
convet it to 4x4. Would make a sweet primitive camping rig. Death wobble is definitely being caused by those giant wheels and tires.

Death wobble isn’t caused by giant wheels and tires. A “bit of a wobble at around 45 mph” doesn’t necessarily mean DEATH WOBBLE. That term is sometimes used a little too loosely. Death wobble is a VIOLENT shaking where you think something is fixing to break and you could possibly lose control because it is literally about to shake the teeth out of your head.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:04 PM
MisterCMK
Avid Winter Hater
MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Warren89 View Post
It's possible. The 5.9l cummmins was used in the f650-f750. Possibly this is a saw from one of those. The rims are unusual to say the least. I'd have to see pics to believe it
Air brakes were never used on an F450

Old 07-22-2018, 09:26 PM
Warren89
Junior User
No really?! Nor was a 5.9l cummins. Read the whole post. I said maybe someone did a conversation from a f650-f750!

Old 07-22-2018, 10:38 PM
donthekawguy
Junior User
Originally Posted by MisterCMK View Post
Air brakes, eh? Doubtful
I accept cash in lew of apologies.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:40 PM
donthekawguy
Junior User
Originally Posted by DieselBeast01 View Post
It's already 4 wheel drive. Yeah the wheels have to go for sure.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:43 PM
donthekawguy
Junior User
Originally Posted by Sir Kayakalot View Post

Death wobble isn’t caused by giant wheels and tires. A “bit of a wobble at around 45 mph” doesn’t necessarily mean DEATH WOBBLE. That term is sometimes used a little too loosely. Death wobble is a VIOLENT shaking where you think something is fixing to break and you could possibly lose control because it is literally about to shake the teeth out of your head.
It's definitely death wobble. But not all the time.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:53 AM
Warren89
Junior User
Is that a hydraulic tank I see on the other side?! Someone put a huge amount of work into that beast. And it has air hook ups for the trailer!! I'd be super interested in finding out the back story of the thing!

Old 07-23-2018, 06:43 AM
Chuck's First Ford
Postmaster
Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
as shown,,,,, if the owner wants something.. and willing to spend the money.. almost anything is possible...

in the early 1970's. I was installing small or big block V8 engines in Vega's, Pinto's, Chevette's, Gremlin's..... with 4 speeds and 9 inch rear ends.

case in point.. I had these made in the 1992.. valve covers with windows...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Picked this little gem up at an auction

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.