52 vent glass install - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

52 vent glass install

Old 07-10-2018, 10:17 AM
3twinridges
Posting Guru
3twinridges has a very good reputation on FTE.3twinridges has a very good reputation on FTE.3twinridges has a very good reputation on FTE.3twinridges has a very good reputation on FTE.
52 vent glass install

got my vent frames back from the chrome shop and now am ready to install the glass. I micíd the frame in 5 places and averaged it, micíd the glass, and came up with almost an exact size of 3/32 glass tape. Thinking about it though do I need a thicker tape to provide more compression and hold?

JB

Old 07-11-2018, 07:27 AM
tinman52
Welder User
tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
No. You may want to have an experienced glass guy install them if you haven't done it before. There are tricks to do it right and not break stuff.....

Old 07-11-2018, 07:27 AM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future

JB If you donít mind saying, whatíd you pay to have your vent frames chromed?

Old 07-11-2018, 08:15 AM
3twinridges
Posting Guru
3twinridges has a very good reputation on FTE.3twinridges has a very good reputation on FTE.3twinridges has a very good reputation on FTE.3twinridges has a very good reputation on FTE.
I have done it before and I have a jig/press to do it, just wanted to confirm I am using the right materials, thx!

no sure on cost, I didnít look at the bill! I was afraid to! Seriously though I think around $200 probably

JB

Old 07-11-2018, 10:03 AM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
petemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud of
Use soapy water to seat the glass/tape assembly fully into the frame. . . . but you may know that already.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.