6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

New low mile truck,Long trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,698 Likes on 1,667 Posts
Originally Posted by nico963
Just a small update,I wanted to make another thread about the trip but with my computer still down doing pics and stuff kinda sucks.

Anyway we went about 1500 miles round trip and the truck exceeded my expectations!Very happy with it,Ran between 75-78 MPH and got 19.1 for the trip at those speeds.I had two regens on the trip that I watched on my new CTS 2.I didn’t have a trailer but I had a few things in the bed.

Having the CTS 2 and being able to see how the Truck was behaving for the first time was very cool and like others have said in the past it’s kinda of confusing at the same time.Every regens seems to be different if that makes sense.

The first Regen started at 100% load and 8.30 GPL.No indications it started (Which I knew) but I saw the light come on on the CTS.

I couldn’t believe how fast it burned off from 100% to 60%.I thought I was literally gonna have a five minute Regen.It was that quick.But then from 60% it went down to 6% and stopped with the GPL showing .30.Now that part took a LONG time.The whole Regen lasted 39 miles.I was alittle disappointed it took that many miles to burn.I hoped it’d be much faster than that.I imagine having a heavy trailer would take a lot of that time off.

The second one was coming back and started at 91% Load and 7.2* GPL.This one was different as it burned down quickly in the beginning as the last one but then slowed tremendous around 60% load again but consistently continued to burn down.Now this one for what ever reason stopped at 30% load but with the residual heat in the DPF it continued to burn down to 17% load and ending with a GPL of 1.20.This one also only lasted 27 miles.

Not really sure why the two were different as the speeds and conditions were the same.Im not concerned about it as I’ll continue to let the Truck do it’s thing.I just like to know what’s going on without intervening.

Again like I said,This Truck is absolutely amazing!Guys That don’t have a 6.7 reading this it might sound like a pain in the a** or just too much too deal with.I can confidently tell you it’s really a non issue.If I hadn’t had the CTS 2 I’d never knew any of this happened.I don’t think I mentioned that from my 19.1 MPG for the trip,With two regens it dropped down to 18.4 and then came back up.

Well I hope this is somewhat interesting to read,I know it’s not much...It’s the short version of the driving part but wanted to share the experience!

Happy 4th eveyone!!!!
Great to hear. Now just learn to drive it and not worry about all the things it is doing in the background!! I know, mine shows the DPF percentage, and any moe when I am on a road trip, pulling a trailer I am learning to just let it do its thing. I have thought that maybe I should just put some tape over the info center, but...................so far, not yet!! LOL
Good luck.