Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Quick question on Ceramic Tint (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1543927-quick-question-on-ceramic-tint.html)

Larrymac52 06-13-2018 02:00 PM

Quick question on Ceramic Tint

I’m getting ready to have the tint— Nano something— that will reject 98%!of the heat.
the companies owner wanted me to know that because of its layers that some time depending on the light there is a slight haze when looking out.
To you that have that high end Ceramic tint, is that an issue and if you had known that would you still have had it applied?

jaxf250 06-13-2018 02:14 PM

I don't have a haze when looking out. It was ever so slightly "different" to look out when first applied (maybe that is what he is calling haze, dunno....) but once the film dried and the water was all gone from the application, it is nothing that distracts me anymore. Every once in a while a white pearl car coming towards me will appear pinkish-looking if the light hits it right... I just laugh when that happens. Love the heat rejection - so worth it to tint the front windshield, esp. here in FL.

Larrymac52 06-13-2018 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by jaxf250 (Post 18035090)
I don't have a haze when looking out. It was ever so slightly "different" to look out when first applied (maybe that is what he is calling haze, dunno....) but once the film dried and the water was all gone from the application, it is nothing that distracts me anymore. Every once in a while a white pearl car coming towards me will appear pinkish-looking if the light hits it right... I just laugh when that happens. Love the heat rejection - so worth it to tint the front windshield, esp. here in FL.

I’m in Central Florida as well. That was the impetus to me getting the highest quality Ceramic tint I could afford.

Gary E 06-13-2018 02:27 PM

what darkness did you use I put some 70% ceramic on another car and I think its too dark at night

Larrymac52 06-13-2018 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gary E (Post 18035109)
what darkness did you use I put some 70% ceramic on another car and I think its too dark at night

Nanoflex 38% front and back—96% heat rejection. Nothing yet on the front windshield— another day and time. In Florida no tint allowed except top strip. But there are some that put the clear ceramic on the front windshield for heat reduction and UV protection. Technically that is still illegal. I’ve been told a doctor could write a prescription to make it legal.

obviously I’m a rookie here but isn’t 70% almost clear?

toymaster 06-13-2018 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Larrymac52 (Post 18035068)
I’m getting ready to have the tint— Nano something— that will reject 98%!of the heat.

Originally Posted by Larrymac52 (Post 18035100)
I’m in Central Florida as well. That was the impetus to me getting the highest quality Ceramic tint I could afford.

Wonder if they have a heat absorption formula, for those of use in the higher latitudes....... :D ;)

Gary E 06-13-2018 06:08 PM

yes 70% is almost clear, its not super noticeable during the day, rejects heat well but at nigh it felt like you had your low beams on

ymsmiley 06-13-2018 07:27 PM

I just paid $1200 (with my discount) for Spectra PhotoSync tint. It's the ceramic Solar Adaptive nano-Coating. That film is pretty nice! I had every piece of glass tinted including moonroof and the entire windshield in 60%. I had it on my previous 2 trucks too. I should also point out that I live in Arizona, so in my option, high quality tint is critical to my sanity and well being. We're already hitting 100+!